GoPro makes it easy for people to celebrate and share experiences. We believe life is more meaningful when shared. We build cameras, software, and accessories that help the world share itself in immersive and exciting ways.
GoPro is a global movement whose business is driven by shared experiences. We celebrate diversity. We practice inclusion. We foster belonging. We demand equality. And we share the experiences of individuals and communities who also hold these values as core to who they are. From Bucharest to Munich, Silicon Valley to Shenzhen, we are dedicated to building a company that reflects and honors the diverse global communities where we live, work, and play.
GoPro is seeking a highly-motivated candidate for the Data Specialist position on the Sales Operations Business Intelligence team. The candidate should understand systems analysis, problem solving, and be able to articulate solutions that bridge the gap between business and technology. This role will support expanding business intelligence at GoPro through accelerated business data acquisition, improved data consolidation and data quality assurance. We are looking for candidates who are excited to work as a team utilizing their systems expertise and attention to detail.
- Work with GoPro partners to increase sell-through data coverage to support business decisions and manage the weekly ETL process for APAC region (75%)
- Coordinate the data acquisition process by working cross-functionally with internal/external partners
- Support business performance dashboards and reports by maintaining report data accuracy, meeting report data delivery schedules and driving data management enhancements
- Identify, create, and execute data validation strategies to maintain high data integrity
- Maintain discipline, clear documentation, and high work quality under an often-changing data environment
- Analyze, design and develop Business Intelligence solutions, including design and development of analytic/reporting solutions (25%)
- Understand complex business challenges & translate them into requirements/solutions.
- Consistently create insightful reports that effectively synthesize and interpret data to present an accurate and clearly communicated story and recommendations.
- Analyze, synthesize, and interpret data from a variety of data sources, investigating, reconciling and explaining data differences to provide a complete picture
- Build, manage, evaluate, and improve various re-occurring and ad-hoc reports, dashboards, and analytics for various stakeholders.
- Create reporting alerts/anomalies which will allow team to quickly alert cross functional partners
- Creatively identify solutions to improve team productivity, quality, efficiency and value-add
- Support implementation, testing and utilization of ETL process enhancements
- Crosstrain with team members on day to day activities
Skills We’re Stoked About
- 2-3 years of experience in data management role preferred
- Experience extracting and manipulating data from relational databases with advanced SQL, stored procedures, ETL tools or other data manipulation language. Ability to grasp and quickly acquire new programming concepts and syntax/languages required
- Minimum of 3 years of experience developing enterprise SQL databases, business intelligence dashboards and reporting solutions.
- 2-3 years of Python experience
- Experience with VBA, be ready to show example
- Strong Excel skills (array functions, pivots, lookups) required
- BS IT/CS graduates preferred but not required
- Excellent analytical ability and attention to detail. Must have a data driven approach to solving problems and a good sense of how to structure problems. Should enjoy working with analytic models
- Excellent English communication skills. This role will be required to work with the global business teams regularly
- Strong problem-solving skills, especially in finding robust, scalable solutions to ambiguous problems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms and complex business concepts in technical terms
- Excel in a dynamic, fast-paced, changing work environment
- PowerBI experience with an advanced level of data manipulation and connection is a nice to have
- Ideal candidate is passionate about learning and pursuing their personal growth
- Your own GoPro camera (mounts and accessories included)
- Live it. Eat it. Love it. – Two dedicated hours during your week to explore your passions and capture it with your GoPro
- Competitive Salary
- Employee discounts on GoPro products and other industry discounts
- Gym Subsidy
- Fully stocked break room with snacks and drinks
We strive for the day that no group can be described as underrepresented at GoPro – whether as part of our brand or in our workforce. We are committed to providing a more inclusive, representative, equal, just and happy world. GoPro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.