Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Bready* to make a change?
Toast’s People Team is continuously growing and changing! Toast is seeking a Manager of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion ( DEI) who will develop and manage programs that foster diversity, equity and inclusion, and positively impact all employee and customer experiences.This role is part of the People & Organizational Development (the POD) team. The POD sits within the People Success team. We also partner across the organization to drive initiatives that enable an inclusive and equitable culture where all of our Toast communities feel supported and able to thrive. Our work creates belonging and accelerates the rapid pace of our business.The person hired for this role will report to the Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and manage a team responsible for partnering to advance the DEI strategy through thought leadership and integrating DEI principles into the DEI employee and customer journey. The successful candidate will have experience be data, analysis, and insights The successful candidate will be a proactive professional committed to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and who works strategically, while guiding the team at the tactical level to deliver successful programs to internal and external stakeholders in a fast paced, agile environment.
About this roll*:
In the role of Manager of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion you will drive impact in the following areas:
- Stakeholder Management: Acts as trusted advisor to leadership to ensure our people and product systems and processes reflect and enable our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Team Leader: Lead your team’s execution of DEI priorities aligned with business priorities and compliments POD and People team areas of focus including the company’s broader culture and act as a designee on behalf of the DEI Team where appropriate.
- Change Management: Operationalize DEI strategy through processes, systems, and tools to achieve scale by leading key stakeholders through change management and leveraging data to analyze trends to drive continuous improvement ,while recognizing that many aspects of this work cannot be measured quantitatively
- Research and Analysis: Partner with People Team to leverage data and research to generate insights, reports and actions to influence organizational processes and potentially product accessibility..
- Culture Champion: Fosters a culture that encourages an inclusive, diverse and equitable mindset and evolves organizational structures such as policies and practices in partnership with the People Team, Toast Communities (ERGs) and CAFE (DEI Council).
- Industry and Community Partnerships: Works to develop & foster partnerships with community organizations, businesses and vendors that support the diverse communities where we work and the diverse businesses we serve.
- A Connector and Collaborator; collaborates & partners with all levels of the organization- including Senior Leadership, DEI Council & Toast Communities, larger Toast team, business groups and Human Resources
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Bachelor’s degree or Certification in HR, Business, DEI, I/O Psychology or related area
- Skilled practitioner in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion principles and practices
- Experience building and executing large scale programs
- Strong analytical skills; able to turn data into insights and a compelling narrative on impact
- Ability to interact and influence at all levels to drive change and work on multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Results orientation and ability to manage shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communication and the ability to comfortably present and facilitate
- Proven experience working with cross-functional teams in a matrixed environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to bring enthusiasm and communicate new ideas
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with time and project management skills
- Demonstrated passion for diversity, equity and inclusion efforts
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.