At Toast, our purpose is to enrich the food experience for all. We are a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an extraordinary commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
We’re growing our Internal Communications and Employee Engagement team to continue cultivating a culture of connection and belonging across our global community of Toasters – whether they are in our offices or remote. Reporting into the VP of Internal Communications & Employee Engagement, the Director of Internal Communications will manage communication channels for Toast and be the day-to-day contact for announcements across the organization. This role can be 100% remote or hybrid based at one of our US offices.
The ideal candidate brings public company knowledge and expertise in crafting compelling internal communications to multinational audiences at scale, no matter the topic. They are comfortable with navigating ambiguity and also have a demonstrated skill for developing adaptable processes when necessary. They’re obsessed with effective change management, organizational communications, building for scale, and restaurants!
About this roll* (responsibilities):
- Work constantly with PR, Marketing, Legal, Finance, People, and business leadership to bring news center excellence to Toast, in partnership with our Content team
- Drive internal announcements for corporate efforts such as financial reporting, technical communications, and crisis communications with optimal change management as needed
- Serve as the main lead and point of contact for our business-centered company Town Halls and provide seamless partnership with stakeholders to bring it to life
- Develop and coach a small but mighty team on all things internal communications for scale
- Ensure communications reflect our commitment to diversity, inclusion, and belonging
Do you have the right ingredients*? (requirements)
- Typically requires at least 6-7 years of experience in Internal Communications
- Excellent writing skills, with demonstrated ability to write and edit for a variety of audiences, on behalf of partners and leaders, with speed, flexibility, and attention to detail
- Experience at a fast growing company with a knowledge of public company best practices
- Change management expertise with an ability to understand and distill complex information into accessible communications
- Experience running global Town Halls from concept to execution, with ongoing iteration
- A self aware, go-getter approach to your work with a sense of humor
Special Sauce*(bonus skills):
- Experience partnering with video production and events teams with flexibility to lean in at times
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].