Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Bready* to make a change?
We are seeking a dynamic leader to join our support leadership team. Under the direction of our Vice President of Customer Care, the Director of Customer Care will lead a rapidly growing support team (growing from 50 to 100+ employees in 2023) that owns some of our most important initiatives – expanding our Enterprise support program, building out our nascent International support team, and continuing to develop our Escalations support team and processes. This is a global team with employees based in Omaha, Boston, and Dublin (along with some remote employees). We are seeking someone who has experience leading operations teams in a fast-paced environment – preferably in the customer success / support space – with the ability to implement a vision and strategy, drive process improvements, and inspire and motivate a large team.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Lead the expansion of our Enterprise, International, and Escalations teams, hiring additional leaders to the team and implementing a recruiting strategy to ensure we attract and hire the right talent.
- Implement process and system changes to drive continuous improvement and enable the teams to scale effectively
- Maintain a culture that is laser focused on providing a great customer experience; when needed, work directly with customers to ensure they are getting the support experience they expect
- Set the vision, direction, and goals for the team; collaborate with partners and key stakeholders to ensure alignment of priorities and objectives
- Provide coaching and mentoring to subordinate leaders and maintain a culture of career development, coaching, and performance management across the team
- Be an ambassador for the Toast culture – helping to ensure a high bar for performance and a trusting, collaborative and fun environment
- Willing to travel 10-15%
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 7+ years of operational experience leading support operations in a fast paced, high-growth volume environment
- Ability to analyze data to make decisions and drive process and performance improvement.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively operate both strategically and tactically
- Value and thrive in an environment of learning and interacting with high-capability, high-energy people
- Change Agent – in the face of resistance and conflicting views, have the ability to push through new ways of thinking and work both within their team and the wider organization
- Anticipates the future – act as a true leader, anticipating future opportunities and challenges and ensuring the team is lined up against them
- Personal leadership – respected and trusted leader with proven track record of achievement, adept management skills, reputation as a leader of change and passion about speed and simplicity. Ability to rapidly develop strong rapport and build relationships with individuals and teams at multiple levels of the organization
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].