Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, partners, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
As the Director, Global Product Marketing you will be the Head of Product Marketing for all of Toast’s non-US markets. Toast is investing in its exciting global opportunity for the first time ever and, as such, you are a builder and entrepreneur who isn’t afraid to roll up your sleeves, can lead from the front, and knows how to scale nascent concepts with your own initiative. Imperfect resourcing doesn’t scare you because you methodically approach scaling MVPs into full launches, and can focus teams on the critical decisions needed to scale funding or buy-in.
Reporting into the Sr. Director of Global Marketing and working hand-in-hand with the GM of International, you will be an early leader who is responsible for acquiring and making Toast’s international customers successful, and developing the strategy for long term international profitability. You will work cross functionally to unblock challenges and rapidly learn to find product-market fit.
Hiring Location: United Kingdom.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Collaborate with Product to develop, pilot and iterate on Toast’s product roadmap; balance the need for speed to market with a deep understanding of restaurants’ needs to ensure market fit.
- Own the analysis of the next wave of geographies that Toast may want to enter into, make the business case for investment and build internal teams required to launch.
- Build, scale and optimize Toast’s international pricing and packaging to maximize unit economics and growth.
- Collaborate with Sales Enablement to drive sales productivity through product knowledge transfer, seller collateral, and value-based talk tracks.
- Own competitive research and customer insights program: Leverage data to unearth insights into buyer and customer needs and identify market opportunities for our digital dine-in products.
- Drive market research programs to inform key emerging trends in each geography Toast enters into.
- Develop sales and marketing experiments to test hypotheses and inform GTM strategies; including pricing and packaging recommendations. Using metrics to back-up your suggestions and decisions is a must.
- Collaborate with Product, Marketing, Sales, Finance, and Customer Success teams to develop and execute strategic go-to-market plans that encompass the entire lead-to-live journey across the Global product offering.
- Hire, grow and lead Toast’s Global Product Marketing team.
Do you have the right ingredients* (Requirements)
- Proven experience taking companies into new international markets or leading early stage companies / products.
- Prior experience working as an Marketing leader across Product Marketing, Pricing, Demand Generation and Brand teams
- Scrappy, self-starter and see roadblocks as just the next challenge on the path to success.
- Hungry to learn and fueled by new problems.
Special Sauce* (Nonessential Skills/Nice to Haves)
- Deep experience conducting financial and market analysis.
- Experience working in the restaurant industry.
- Experience with pricing.
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
At Toast, we believe that the success of our business and our customers comes only with the success of our employees.
Our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are empowered to succeed, Toast succeeds in achieving our mission to enable our community of restaurateurs to delight their guests, do what they love, and thrive. The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals. At the heart of this is our hospitality mindset of ensuring everyone feels welcomed and included, and our Toast values and behaviors that best define who we are as Toasters.
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.