Lead the development of optical packaging for Avicena’s innovative optical interconnects:
- Lead and manage a team of engineers, consultants, and partners to develop optical and optomechanical packaging solutions for Avicena’s products.
- Collaborate with cross-functional groups to develop optical package requirements.
- Architect optical and optomechanical packaging solutions.
- Design optical packaging solutions from concept to volume production to meet performance, reliability, manufacturability, yield, and cost requirements.
- Perform design, tolerance and yield analysis and simulation of optical/optomechanical components, subassemblies and systems.
- Generate optical and opto-mechanical component specifications.
- Select and work closely with key suppliers to optimize component design.
- Support assembly process and tooling development.
- Lead and support development of test procedures and test systems at the optical component and subsystem level.
- Troubleshoot during product bring up and analyze data to optimize yield.
- Design packaging reliability and qualification testing.
- Perform Failure Mode Engineering Analysis (FMEA) as needed.
- 5+ years experience in developing optical packaging solutions for fiber-optic transceivers.
- Experience in working with vendors for development of high-performance optical components, especially precision molded plastic components.
- Expertise in use of optical simulation tools such as Zemax, including running Monte Carlo simulations.
- Master’s degree or higher in a relevant area of engineering or physics.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced startup environment, adapt, and overcome unforeseen challenges.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal/communication skills within the company and with partners, customers, and consultants.