Omio is pursuing a vision of delivering the world's travel inventory to enable journeys to and from anywhere.
As the largest source of travel inventory globally we work with 1000+ suppliers operating in 35 countries in Europe and North America. We are the destination of choice for 600m+ customers annually across our two brands: Rome2Rio for global discovery, and Omio for ticketing and journeys. Simultaneously, we are launching new geographies, new verticals and new products. We have offices in Berlin, Prague, London and Melbourne.
We are a team of more than 300 passionate employees from more than 45 countries who share the same vision: to create a single experience that helps send travellers almost anywhere in Europe, the U.S. and Canada.
To define and execute Omio’s public affairs strategy across all relevant markets and at EU level. This includes the definition of Omio’s key policy positions and the creation and delivery of a programme of external stakeholder engagement to ensure Omio’s policy positions and business objectives are met.
The Director of Public Affairs will be the overall owner of this function within Omio and will ensure that the Public Affairs function is a business enabler for Omio.
Experience in the Transport / Mobility sector (ideally rail) sector with an understanding of relevant regulations.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Monitoring and influencing all legislative developments relevant for Omio – both at national and EU level
- Actively managing association memberships and actively participating in association forums
- Actively managing Public Affairs agencies
- Go-to representative for Omio towards public stakeholders (politicians, public officials)
- Developing a Public Policy strategy Delivering Omio’s Public Policy strategy
- Writing communications to public stakeholders and leading on relevant consultations
- Set up and conduct internal briefings for C-Level on policy developmentsPerforms other duties as required.
- English fluent, plus knowledge of at least one other European language is highly desirable.
- Bachelor Business Degree, Masters highly desirable
- 10+ years of experience in Public Affairs ideally at EU level
- Deep commercial knowledge of EU legislative and political systems
- Experience in Transport / Mobility sector (ideally rail) sector with an understanding of relevant regulations.
How we work
We value diversity and welcome all people regardless of ethnicity, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability.
We work flexibly to let life happen, we rely on great communication and focus on outcomes and engaging work over time on the clock.
Why Rome2rio + Omio
Alongside building a great consumer focussed product, working with a talented team and attractive salaries, Rome2rio offers a suite of additional benefits including generous individual learning & development budgets, extensive travel benefits, five weeks annual leave and lots more!
We are of a people first mindset and ensure our top priority is the engagement of our people. We want to hear from like minded people who get satisfaction from solving complex user problems and working in a highly collaborative team.