Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
We are a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an unrivaled commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help shape the future of the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
The Strategic Finance team is responsible for providing data-driven insights to inform strategic, financial, and operational decision-making across the company. We’re seeking a Director of Strategic Finance to partner with our R&D (Product, Engineering, UX, IT, Security) team to drive initiatives including business planning, corporate strategy, and strategic projects. This is a high-impact role that will offer substantial senior leadership exposure and the opportunity to drive long-term shareholder value in a hyper-growth environment at scale.
About this roll*: (Responsibilities)
- Provide financial and strategic thought leadership supported by rigorous analysis, with a focus on business planning, corporate strategy, and capital allocation
- Own all aspects of core FP&A processes reporting and analytics including annual planning monthly reporting, forecasting, and headcount planning
- Partner with R&D leadership to provide financial modeling assistance for key business decisions including prioritizing resources and investments to get the best ROI
- Deliver analysis and reporting of the business' financial results including variances to plan, ensuring key issues, risks, and business drivers are understood and highlighted
- Leverage your financial background to support and influence key strategic and product decisions (e.g., you frame an opportunity size and use data to provide business and financial insights to influence initiative prioritization and product roadmap)
- Partner with accounting and corporate finance teams to ensure all corporate deliverables are met and insights on performance are delivered on time for management reporting deadlines
- Grow and develop a team of high performing financial professionals
- Drive continual process improvement within our financial tools to leverage best practices, standardization, and automation to continuously improve availability, accuracy, and clarity of financial and operational data
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Bachelor's degree
- 10+ years of strategic finance, operational finance, FP&A, or investment banking experience at a high-growth tech company
- Advanced Excel and financial modeling skills. Ability to build robust financial models used by teams throughout the company to size opportunities and build business cases for pursuing new initiatives
- Excellent communication skills; ability to distill complex analyses into structured outputs and present to all levels of management
- Track record of leading, growing, and developing high-performing teams, with a focus on hands-on development and coaching
- Experience working with Accounting and a understanding of corporate finance principles
- A proven ability to build strong collaborative working relationships with business partners; you are seen as a trusted and objective advisor
- Ability to think creatively and critically, and thrive in a dynamic and often ambiguous work environment
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.