Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
- As a leader on the Technical Program Management team at Bangalore, you will be challenged to lead large, complex programs across geographies (US, Ireland and India) across our business.
- Hire, coach, mentor and lead engineering program managers .
- You will work closely with Leadership, Product Management, UX, Design, Marketing, Sales, Finance, Operations and Customer Success to deliver on Toast’s ambitious roadmap plans.
- Define program objectives and requirements, creating high level roadmaps, preparing benefits realization plans, validate priority and alignment to strategic objectives.
- Estimate and distribute the necessary resources to achieve program and initiative goals.
- Anticipate risks and challenges in the program and come up with multiple mitigation plans for each.
- Define measures and milestones for tracking program success.
- Monitor the program progress and forecast plans to overcome potential new risks.
- Provide guidance on using program management tools.
- Ensure dependent teams understand overall project objectives, timelines, and impact to business.
- Support stakeholder engagement via trainings and consistent, frequent communication over scope, timeline, and deliverables.
- Lead discussions with varying viewpoints and influence diverse audiences using the appropriate frameworks.
- Demonstrate superior decision and coordination skills when faced with conflicting or ambiguous inputs.
- Become trusted advisor to diverse stakeholders, influencing them to act.
- Understand basics of programming languages, frameworks, and tools to participate in engineering discussions around sizing and prioritization efforts.
- Understand release cycles and measurements for successful implementations.
Desired Candidate Profile
- Bachelors in CS, Engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent technical background
- At least 10 years in technical program management
- 4 years of experience in managing people
- Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
- Technical fluency; comfortable understanding and discussing technology concepts, schedule trade-offs, and new opportunities with technical team members
- Knowledge of software engineering standards & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience building large scale solutions across many integrated and distributed systems, with great availability, performance, and security
- Experience in Agile/SCRUM enterprise-scale software development
- Experience building scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems
- Experience working with AWS technologies
- Strong communicator and consensus builder
- Demonstrable experience in driving large scale transformation and high impact product launches
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and partner with senior leadership to drive high impact portfolios
- Ability to operate independently while earning trust of the stakeholders and operate with agility and speed
- Ability to influence without authority
Our Tech Stack
Our products run on a stack that ranges from guest and restaurant-facing Android tablets to backend services in Java to internal, guest-facing and restaurant-facing web apps. Our backend services follow a microservice architecture written using Java and Kotlin on DropWizard; we use AWS extensively, ranging from S3 to RDS to DynamoDB to Lambda. We have our own platform for dealing with service elevations and robust load balancing. We store data in PostgreSQL databases or DynamoDB tables depending on use case, and utilize Apache Spark for large scale data workloads including query and batch processing. The web frontend is built using React and ES6. Our restaurant point of sale application is an Android application written in Java and Kotlin. Apache Pulsar and Camel are used extensively in our integration transaction workflow processing.
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.