GoPro makes it easy for people to celebrate and share experiences. We believe life is more meaningful when shared. We build cameras, software, and accessories that help the world share itself in immersive and exciting ways.
GoPro is a global movement whose business is driven by shared experiences. We celebrate diversity. We practice inclusion. We foster belonging. We demand equity. And we share the experiences of individuals and communities who also hold these values as core to who they are. From Sao Paulo to Munich, Silicon Valley to Shenzhen, we are dedicated to building a company that reflects and honors the diverse global communities where we live, work, and play.
GoPro is seeking a top tier candidate for an Algorithms Sr Engineer role in the Image Science Group, located in Paris, France. The position will be involved in the development of solutions embedded in the next generation of products to add innovative image processing algorithms and computer vision to improve GoPro user experience all around the world.
Our goal for next generation cameras is to keep improving the best image quality on the market and to make them smarter, capable of analyzing the current scene, its context and the user’s intent to automatically take decisions for a seamless user experience from capture to sharing videos with friends. New ways of capturing the moment emerge, such as 360 cameras. These technologies offer yet unexplored opportunities but offer new challenges in image quality and computer vision that need to be tackled to allow a wider public adoption.
What You Will Do
- Development activities
- Design, develop and optimize (memory consumption and processing time) the chosen algorithmic solutions on the embedded platform
- Design and optimize the whole algorithmic architecture of the product
- Deliver fully tested solutions (objective and subjective performance evaluations)
- Design and develop performance metrics and tools used for the integration and the tuning of our solutions within the final products
- Develop test environment for validation, verification and non-regression of algorithms
- Contribute to our internal development and coding rules
- Collaborate with hardware, firmware and software engineers, integration and image quality tuning teams
Skills We’re Excited About
- Engineering education or PhD education
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in development and implementation of image quality or computer vision algorithms on embedded systems
- Successful experience in real-time algorithms proposal, prototyping, design, development and testing on embedded platforms
- Experience with Photo and Video camera related products
- Technical skills
- C++, C, Python
- Version control tools (Git)
- Technical English and French language practice required
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Autonomous and rigorous work management
- Results and deadline driven
- Work agility to deal with fast-moving environment
- Active and passionate GoPro user is a big plus
- Live it. Eat it. Love it. – Two dedicated hours during your week to explore your passions and capture it with your GoPro.
- Get your very own GoPro (Mounts and accessories included)
- Competitive salary and discretionary annual performance-related bonus;
- Fully stocked fridges with snacks galore;
- Gym fee compensation;
- Excellent healthcare insurance coverage (Health-premium paid for 70% by GoPro);
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan.
- Professional + personal development opportunities, i.e. LinkedIn Learning
- Opportunities to get involved in the causes that you care about (annual camera donation + volunteer events)
We strive for the day that no group can be described as underrepresented at GoPro – whether as part of our brand or in our workforce. We are committed to providing a more inclusive, representative, equal, just and happy world. GoPro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.