- Flexible (Bucharest) – This role requires proximity to an office location with the flexibility to work from home.
GoPro is seeking a versatile, hands-on Engineering Manager to lead a team of high-impact engineers developing and maintaining the GoPro subscription platform infrastructure. The person will work closely with partners in product management, QA and cross-functional engineering teams to deliver a best in class platform that is operated efficiently at scale. This is a highly visible part of the overall GoPro ecosystem and requires someone that has proven experience in delivering quality products and services.
What You Will Do
- Collaborate with business and product owners for the subscription platform and prioritize initiatives
- Work with and manage the team of engineers on the team to ensure efficient and timely delivery
- Provide technical supervision for all facets of software engineering and operational excellence
- Develop and mentor staff through on-boarding, open communication, training, and performance management
- Participate in deep technical discussions about design and code review PRs
- Collaborate with the security and DevOps teams to secure the environment, application, and user data
Skills We’re Excited About
- Demonstrable experience designing highly scalable, fault tolerant and always available systems
- Deep understanding of micro-services architecture and cloud technologies
- Demonstrated ability to hire and mentor, manage projects using agile methodologies and build strong partnerships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to communicate in a clear, collaborative, open-minded and effective manner with both technical and non-technical peers.
- Skilled at communication around technical concepts and ideas and the ability to collaborate with all parts of the organization
- Get your very own GoPro camera + gear;
- Competitive salary and discretionary annual performance-related bonus;
- Gym fee compensation;
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan;
- Professional + personal development opportunities, i.e. LinkedIn Learning;
- Opportunities to get involved in the causes that you care about (annual camera donation + volunteer events);
We strive for the day that no group can be described as underrepresented at GoPro – whether as part of our brand or in our workforce. We are committed to providing a more inclusive, representative, equal, just and happy world. GoPro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
#flexible #subscription #engineering #manager