Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
We’re not your traditional tech company and we don’t aim to be. Going against the grain is in our DNA. Building a revolutionary product begins with revolutionary thinking. That’s why we value diversity of background and lived experience. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Bready* to make a change?
We are looking for a passionate and experienced engineering leader to join the Toast R&D team in Boston. In this role, you will lead a team within Employee Cloud, creating a technical plan, hiring and developing team members, and incrementally delivering value to our restaurant customers and their employees. Employee Cloud is a new business unit within Toast that is driven by making it easier for restaurants to find, train, manage, and retain their employees.
About this roll*:
- Lead diverse teams that continuously ship improvements and diligently measure the results.
- Influence product direction through technical insights.
- Inspire and manage engineering teams. Create and execute the hiring plan to grow the team.
- Drive cross-team and cross-organization efforts with predictable execution and results.
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- You have experience building consumer facing applications
- You have experience with hiring and developing empowered teams.
- Your teams are operating in effective software development environments including agile, continuous improvement and continuous delivery. You drive continuous improvement throughout the software development process.
- You have a strong technical background with a personal preference for remaining technical.
- You have a proven ability to influence decision-making at all levels within an organization.
- A strong sense of empathy for customers and teammates.
- Experience leading mobile engineering teams is a plus but not required
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.