Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Bready* to make a change?
The Mid Market segment is seeking a new Business Development Representative to help support our team’s growth in the field by driving top of funnel velocity. You will help build the Mid Market sales opportunity pipeline by strategically prospecting and nurturing opportunities in accounts with 16+ locations. This role is a great opportunity to develop outbound and inbound phone skills by delivering a consultative platform pitch to C, VP and Director level positions across departments like IT, Operations, Accounting/Finance & Human Resources.
You will gain exposure to the overall Mid Market sales process and work cross-functionally with many segments of our team including Senior Management, Marketing, Sales Operations, Sales Engineering, Services & Support, etc. You will also work closely with seasoned Account Executives to develop targeted prospecting strategies in their assigned markets.
About this roll*(Responsibilities)
- 70 outbound activities per day.
- Schedule discovery calls, demos, on-sites and follow-up calls (owning the process until calls or meetings occur)
- Properly diagnose and handle inbound leads from marketing/SMB business development group & partner sources.
- Leverage existing tools and research to find new contacts to develop your call-base.
- Entering activity, notes, company account info and updating opportunities in Salesforce.com.
- Work effectively with field reps on daily/weekly/monthly basis on maintaining target account lists and prospecting strategies.
- Provide input in the design of & help in the execution of enterprise marketing efforts (campaigns, trade-shows, etc)
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Must be fearless on the phone and persistent in initial reach out & follow-up with accounts over time
- Well organized, self-motivated to make calls everyday and communicate effectively with internal teams and prospects in a productive manner.
- Adaptable to new processes and ability to work cross-functionally and develop relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- High customer empathy and the ability to handle objections
- Attention to detail and ability to thrive in a changing and evolving environment
Special Sauce* (Nonessential Skills/Nice to Haves)
- Passion for the restaurant industry
- Experience with Salesforce a plus
- Phone experience a plus
At Toast, we believe that the success of our business and our customers comes only with the success of our employees.
Our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are empowered to succeed, Toast succeeds in achieving our mission to enable our community of restaurateurs to delight their guests, do what they love, and thrive. The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
At the heart of this is our hospitality mindset of ensuring everyone feels welcomed and included, and our Toast values and behaviors that best define who we are as Toasters.
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.