Location: Remote USA. This role can be performed anywhere from the United States.
On this team you will be responsible for ensuring environmental and regulatory compliance for accessory programs and sustaining activities within GoPro’s portfolio of products. You will have experience with worldwide Environmental Regulations: EU RoHS, REACH, WEEE, TSCA, Prop65. You will have exposure to concepts of wireless radio technology including Bluetooth and WiFi compliance. You will engage with a diverse cross-functional team supporting the innovation of consumer products and work closely with the hardware engineering team to drive compliance testing and verification. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within a fast paced and open collaborative environment.
What You Will Do
- Consult and coordinate with development teams, manufacturing partners/suppliers and third-party vendors to ensure compliance with all applicable environmental regulations including EU ROHS, REACH, Prop 65, China GB, WEEE, TSCA.
- Track and research applicable requirements related to worldwide regulatory certification.
- Ensure GoPro’s entire product lineup of cameras, mounts, accessories and lifestyle products remain compliant with current regulations.
- Drive sustaining engineering activities related to environmental compliance issues.
- Act as a liaison between expert regulatory engineers, in-house legal counsel, documentation specialists and sales to provide necessary compliance documents for regulatory shipping and distributor compliance purposes.
- Address distributor registration requests for cameras/batteries and requests for compliance documentation from foreign governments’ customs agents.
Skills We’re Excited About
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science, Chemistry or Biology is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 year of global environmental compliance experience, ideally in consumer electronics.
- Prior knowledge/experience with EU ROHS, REACH, Prop 65, China GB, WEEE, TSCA.
- Ability to work independently; self-motivated with ability to drive projects, highly detail oriented and organized.
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements and compliance demonstration methods.
- Must be able to write and edit technical documents clearly and concisely in English.
- Strong persuasion and negotiation skills, including conflict resolution skills.
Why Work With Us?
Create your own destiny. GoPro enables you and trusts you to get your own job done, because we believe that autonomy in role brings out the best in our employees.
Live your best life. We’ve adopted remote and flexible work arrangements to support work at GoPro alongside our commitment to supporting employee wellbeing, belonging and connection with one another.
Work with leading edge technologies. We encourage employees to cultivate and use the latest and greatest technology, to provide the best solutions to serve our customers. We celebrate creative solutions that bring innovation to GoPro technology.
- Get your very own GoPro camera + gear
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance – premiums are 100% paid for employees, 80% paid for dependents
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Generous time off policy
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for new parents
- Pre-tax and Roth 401(k) options
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- LiveHealthy monthly wellness reimbursement
- Innovative remote-friendly wellness classes and events
- Flexible work arrangements
- Professional + personal development opportunities, i.e. LinkedIn Learning, technology trainings, certifications, Peer-to-Peer learning, conferences and more
- Opportunities to get involved in the causes that you care about (annual camera donation + volunteer events)
We strive for the day that no group can be described as underrepresented at GoPro – whether as part of our brand or in our workforce. We are committed to providing a more inclusive, representative, equal, just, and happy world. GoPro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The pay range for this role is between $73,950 – $119,025. Actual pay within the range is dependent on multiple factors, including your residence location and prior work experience. Equity, benefits, and a discretionary bonus may be additional forms of compensation for this role and are not included in the provided pay range.