Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Bready* to make a change?
Toast is looking for self-motivated individuals who want to be part of a team that is transforming the way restaurants operate. You will be involved in working with Toast’s restaurant customers to set up the Toast system, train restaurant staff, build a relationship with our customers, and ensure they are successful. We are looking for candidates that like mobile technology, have experience in the restaurant industry, can communicate effectively, and are creative problem solvers. At Toast, we move fast and have a lot of opportunities for career growth, so if you’re passionate about your work and want to be in a fun and growing industry join us! You will be helping Toast to grow our business across the US and internationally.
About this roll*:
- Learn the Toast POS system and become a product expert
- Install & configure Toast hardware and networking devices including terminals, handhelds, printers, and other peripherals. Networking knowledge is a plus!
- Collaborate with internal Toast teams to find diverse business solutions that will make a restaurant THRIVE
- Conduct restaurant operation consultation and training sessions with all restaurants stakeholders to optimize Toast POS for their positions and operations
- Maintain and document implementation plans and network diagrams
- Test / troubleshoot unknown networking problems
- Terminate Ethernet cables if needed
- The ideal candidate will have flexibility with hours and the ability to work early mornings, nights, and weekends as needed.
- Implementation (75%) – The primary function of the Field Implementation Technicians is to be the on-site (or remote) point of contact for our customers. This may include working with our Account Executives to assist with documenting operational needs and building accurate quotes. Conducting Site Surveys to ensure customers understand the physical and network requirements before installation. Completing the installation of our hardware and networking equipment. Training owners, managers, FOH & BOH teams on leveraging Toast to accomplish their specific needs of the Toast platform. Conduct on-site or remote support on or after their Activation dates.
- Internal best practices documentation and enablement (10%) – As Toast scales its international presence, the Field Implementation Technicians (FITs) are responsible for documenting country-specific best practices and nuances, in particular calling out where the process deviates from the US customer base (for eg. all menus in Ireland are tax-inclusive, and tax is called VAT). They will also be responsible for training and ramping up new FITs and regional contracting partners.
- Post Live Relationship Management (15%) – As the client is transitioned over into the post-onboarding phase of the customer journey, the FIT is expected to ensure this transition goes smoothly and therefore is available for remote Go-live support to assist and guide the customer during their first several days of usage by providing post-live remote guidance, troubleshoot problems or follow-up training. Given that we are in the early days of international onboarding, this role will spend more time on post-live support than US counterparts, including site visits with the product team where necessary. This also may require some after-hours support for equipment break-fix in the field.
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- Excellent communication skills and ability to present in front of customers.
- 1-3 years of restaurant industry experience is highly desired
- Familiarity with networking concepts and hardware
- Demonstrates attention to detail and strong organization skills
- Ability to problem solve/troubleshoot in a timely manner
- Ability to think creatively and provide service-oriented solution recommendations that exceed customer expectations
- Adaptability, strong work ethic, and professionalism during challenging situations.
- This role will require travel within your local area and could include up to 100% travel.
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Private Medical & Dental Insurance
- Mental Health Benefits
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Group Personal Pension
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.