Location: Flexible (San Mateo, CA) – This role requires proximity to an office location with flexibility to work remotely 2-3 days/week with manager approval.
GoPro is seeking a top tier candidate for the Firmware QA Engineer role. This position will be responsible for supporting the firmware quality assurance side of GoPro’s next generation camera platforms. The FWQA Engineer role will work closely with the development team as well as our offshore testing partners to create, manage, and execute test plans and automation test scripts as well as maintain continuous improvements to our test case and bug databases. The ideal candidate will be a proactive self-starter with a deep understanding of consumer devices, have a variety of experiences with embedded systems and possesses a great attitude and communication skills.
We are seeking a dynamic, highly skilled, and passionate QA Engineer to support our firmware and mobile app development activities.
What You Will Do
- Participate in all aspects of testing: including sanity, functional, integration, regression, performance and automation testing.
- Create thorough/relevant bugs within JIRA, our bug tracking system.
- Carefully maintain compliant and nonconformance processing through records and tracking systems, including root cause and corrective actions.
- Examine root cause failures and enhance comprehensive test coverage.
- Document quality assurance activities with internal reporting and audits.
- Record all test results for each test suite and provide a high-level summary for areas tested.
- Enhance comprehensive Test Coverage through Test Review and Failure Analysis.
- Interpret, build upon, and comply with company quality assurance standards.
- Define, develop and implement quality assurance test plans and test cases.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to create test processes, test specifications, regression tests, and build acceptance tests at all stages of firmware and software development.
- Pursue continuing education on new solutions, technology, and skills.
Skills We Are Excited About
- 3 – 5 years of hands-on industry experience testing embedded applications for portable consumer electronics products.
- BS in CS or a related field. Previous job experience will be considered.
- Solid understanding of software/hardware release cycles.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Solid analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of testing best practices, version control practices and defect management practices.
- Experience testing camera device or similar is desirable.
- Strong knowledge of bug reporting and source control tools such as JIRA, Test Rail, Wiki, Git etc…
- Familiarity with testing wireless (BLE / Wi-Fi) devices.
- Self-motivated, team player, with a strong desire to learn new skills and grow.
- Ability to multi-task and focus on detailed problems with the tenacity to drive issues until resolved.
- Passion for building and shipping AWESOME products!
- Get your very own GoPro camera + gear
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance – premiums are 100% paid for employees, 80% paid for dependents
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Generous time off policy
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for new parents
- Pre-tax and Roth 401(k) options
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- LiveHealthy monthly wellness reimbursement
- Innovative remote-friendly wellness classes and events
- Flexible work arrangements
- Professional + personal development opportunities, i.e. LinkedIn Learning
- Opportunities to get involved in the causes that you care about (annual camera donation + volunteer events)
We strive for the day that no group can be described as underrepresented at GoPro – whether as part of our brand or in our workforce. We are committed to providing a more inclusive, representative, equal, just and happy world. GoPro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
GoPro requires that all onsite visitors and workers be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Roles that are designated as remote do not require vaccination to perform the role but will not be permitted to visit GoPro’s office locations if unvaccinated. An exception to this rule may be made if you qualify for an approved accommodation.