GoPro requires that all onsite visitors and workers be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Vaccination is not required to perform this role, but you will not be permitted to visit GoPro’s office locations if you are unvaccinated. An exception to this rule may be made if you qualify for an approved accommodation.
GoPro is looking for a front-end focused Software Engineer to join our team. This Engineer will prototype and develop innovative web applications and components that contribute directly to our core user experiences. You will work directly with UX and back-end cloud engineering teams in an agile environment. The ideal Engineer will have team experience, a minimum of 3-5 years of front-end web development experience and familiarity with design systems, component, and module development.
What You Will Do
- Work directly with the UX/UI and Visual Web Designers on bringing ideas to life in a functional environment.
- Translate visual and written designs into efficient front-end components.
- Develop new user-facing features using React.js and supporting libraries.
- Work closely with engineering to ensure the integrity and feasibility of the UI throughout the design and development lifecycle.
- Bring a strong knowledge responsive web design.
- Optimize components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers.
Skills We’re Excited About
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field OR equivalent practical experience in Software Engineering.
- 3-5 years of professional experience developing cloud-scale, user facing applications that run in an AWS/GCP/Azure production environment.
- Experience with popular UI libraries such as React, Vue, Preact, Angular, Svelte, Ember etc.
- Experience with Node.js and full stack development flows (server side rendering, Redis, APIs).
- Experience with Kubernetes, AWS ECS, EKS, and CI/CD tools such as CircleCI and ArgoCD.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- High standards for code quality and strong debugging skills.
- Get your very own GoPro camera + gear
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance – premiums are 100% paid for employees, 80% paid for dependents
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Generous time off policy
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for new parents
- Pre-tax and Roth 401(k) options
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- LiveHealthy monthly wellness reimbursement
- Innovative remote-friendly wellness classes and events
- Flexible work arrangements
- Professional + personal development opportunities, i.e. LinkedIn Learning
- Opportunities to get involved in the causes that you care about (annual camera donation + volunteer events)
We strive for the day that no group can be described as underrepresented at GoPro – whether as part of our brand or in our workforce. We are committed to providing a more inclusive, representative, equal, just and happy world. GoPro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The ranges added below are for Colorado-based hires only and will be dependent on candidate experience. Pay ranges for candidates in other locations other than CO may differ. Pay range: $132,600-$156,000.