Swift Navigation provides precise positioning solutions for automotive, autonomous vehicle, mobile and mass-market applications. What began as the GNSS industry’s first low-cost, high-accuracy, real-time kinematic (RTK) receiver has evolved into a Swift Navigation ecosystem of positioning solutions for autonomous applications. From the nationwide GNSS corrections delivered from the cloud by the Skylark™ precise positioning service, the hardware-independent, integrated software solution that is the Starling® positioning engine to the centimeter-level accurate Piksi® Multi and ruggedized Duro® and Duro Inertial RTK receivers, Swift Navigation is enabling a future of autonomous vehicles to navigate and understand the world. Learn more online at swiftnav.com, or follow Swift on Twitter @Swiftnav
Meet The Team
The data platform product team at Swift Navigation is building a toolkit for location-enabled applications across the last-mile delivery, machine automation, and fleet management industries. Our product team consists of software engineers, product managers, and works closely with the CTO. We are designing systems to ingest real-time location data from tens of thousands of customer devices and transform that data into business intelligence to provide solutions to a wide range of customers
What You'll Do :
- Develop user facing and back-end features for existing and new verticals.
- Contribute to and support the existing event driven microservice architecture.
- Design and implement scalable and reliable systems for ingestion, processing, and real-time analysis of large, disparate data sets from diverse sources, deployed on AWS using technologies like Kafka/Kinesis, Lambdas, EKS etc.
- Work in a team of full stack engineers building a modular set of data services for data transformation and business logic processing using container microservices.
- Conduct peer reviews of prospective code changes.
- Work comfortably in an agile environment.
Who you are :
- You enjoy working with any of these : Golang, React, Redux, TypeScript and have a solid understanding of gRPC/Rest and interacting with backend systems.
- You’re familiar with designing and building distributed and scalable systems and enjoy developing next-gen technology for autonomous vehicles.
- You know and care about sound engineering practices like continuous delivery, defensive programming and automated testing.
- You have a good understanding of data structures and algorithms, and understand how to apply them to design pragmatic solutions.
- You have impact through your communication skills and love sharing your knowledge with others, helping them grow.
Bonus Points for :
- Experience with GIS systems, data, and visualization.
- Experience with OLAP platforms and the data engineering associated with them (Apache Spark, Redshift, Snowflake, etc).
Current Tech stack of Team:
Golang, React, Python, gRPC/ProtoBuffers, EKS, Kinesis/Kafka, AWS Lambda, Terraform, Distributed systems.
React, Golang, gRPC/ProtoBuffers, Docker, Kinesis/Kafka, AWS Lambdas/GCFunctions
- Flexible vacation, competitive salary, employer covered health insurance, 401(k), flexible spending, HSA.
- Tech talks, mentorship programs, employee events.
- Growth and learning opportunities from a tech environment include working closely with an international team of scientists, engineers, platform architects, programmers, executive staff and professionals.
Swift Navigation is a diverse and inclusive team. We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability status or other defining characteristics.
Swift Navigation will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of SFPC Art.49
Come join us!