GoPro delivers a set of world-class, cross platform, video editing applications on iOS, Android, MacOS and Windows that are collectively used by millions of people each month.
These tools enable users to easily build incredible videos of their life events and share them with their family and friends.
The Video Engine team provides the cross-platform engine that power each of the GoPro applications.
Those tools assemble, filter and create video edits from a variety of user's media.
Being part of this team means that you will be at the center of the action, working with artists to create the best video editing experience on mobile and desktop platforms.
What You Will Do
As a Graphics Software engineer, you will contribute to the following topics to our endering engine:
- Rendering backends: assist multi-backend effort, specifically DirectX integration
- Shading language abstraction
- Color management
- Tooling used by the creative team
Skills We’re Stoked About
Candidates for this role should be proficient in :
- Cross-platform development experience: Windows and at least 1 Unix platform (Linux or macOS)
- C and C++
- At least one of the following graphics APIs: DirectX, Vulkan, Metal and OpenGL
- Shading languages: GLSL, HLSL
- Understanding, refactoring and designing large architectures
- Build systems (Meson, CMake, Make, MSVC toolchain, etc.)
Bonus Points For
- Experience with hardware decoding/encoding APIs (MediaFoundation, Mediacodec, VideoToolbox, VAAPI, ..) and the relevant interoperability with the graphics APIs
- Familiarity with open source projects such as glslang
- Experience with the FFmpeg APIs
- Experience with color management
- Experience with GUI toolkits
- Mathematical background
- Media processing: sound, image, video
- Live it. Eat it. Love it. – Two dedicated hours during your week to explore your passions and capture it with your GoPro
- Get your very own GoPro (Mounts and accessories included)
- Subsidized lunch and snacks galore
- Gym fee compensation
- Transit benefit – 50% of the applicable public transportation pass
- Excellent healthcare insurance coverage (Health-premium paid for 70% by GoPro)
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan.
- Professional + personal development opportunities, i.e. LinkedIn Learning
- Opportunities to get involved in the causes that you care about (annual camera donation + volunteer events)
We strive for the day that no group can be described as underrepresented at GoPro – whether as part of our brand or in our workforce. We are committed to providing a more inclusive, representative, equal, just and happy world. GoPro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.