Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
As a Toaster on the hardware product management team you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help craft the future of the company. On the product management team, you will interface with other Toast teams across Product, Engineering, UX, Marketing, Sales, Finance, Operations and Customer Success to build and shape innovative products. You will have the opportunity to interface with our restaurant customers (CIOs, CTOs, CMOs, managers and employees) directly to get feedback on product enhancements, issues and usability in order to inspire and inform how Toast continues to iterate and grow.
What you will do:
- Work on the next generation Point of Sale terminals, handhelds, printers and payment devices for our customers
- Be the voice of the customer. Understand deeply and broadly what the functional, social and emotional needs of users are and lead the design and development of products that will delight our customers.
- Discover customer pain points and unmet needs and drive for high quality feature requests
- Develop Product Requirements Documents to drive hardware development, as well as communicate feature requests to the engineering team in a fast-paced environment
- Manage vendors and overseas suppliers, comfortable with evening calls with overseas suppliers and be able to clearly communicate requirements and deliver quality products on time.
- Deeply understand the competitive landscape and strategize and prioritize resources so we build the best products to win
- Lead by influence. Work closely with the Toast product, UX, engineering and operations teams to support business needs, develop business case, justify the ROI, and owning the product roadmap
- Work closely with the Marketing, Finance, Operations and Customer Success teams to execute flawless launches
- Manage multiple projects, and fulfill product requests within tight timelines
- Source new products and drive the qualification of the product internally and externally
- Analyze and track product KPIs to understand how hardware products are performing in the field post launch
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- A minimum 3 years Product Manager in a fast-paced hardware development environment and have launched at least 1 hardware product to market
- Strong understanding of hardware product development processes, from market research, user study, design, prototyping, production and post production quality support
- Experience building strategic partnerships with hardware vendors and suppliers
- Proven experience in bridging the technical and business sides of hardware projects, including the desire to lead through collaboration of these stakeholders
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to demonstrate ideas visually
- Proven time management, prioritization and organizational skills (must be able to prioritize workload and meet deadlines)
- Strong problem-solving skills
Special Sauce: (non-essential skills, nice to have)
- Experience in user experience design and research is a plus
- Experience in data mining and/or querying skills is a plus
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.