We are looking for a passionate and experienced engineering leader to own Data Science Engineering.
You will oversee data infrastructure, data engineering, data analytics automation, and data science initiatives across GoPro business, products & services. You will help identify gaps in our current platform and help develop the roadmap to fill the gaps and scale the data platform in the future. You will manage teams of engineers from US and Romania.
Oversee efforts to enhance product analytics reporting (eCommerce, native and web apps, Subscriptions, camera, cloud services), user behavior analysis (Customer LTV, Churn prediction, purchase propensity, personalization, and recommendations), data service (data discover/catalog, lineage, data tracking). Responsible for driving continuous operational excellence in delivering a set of capabilities aimed at providing the best support for reporting, advanced analytics, and marketing needs.
Provide guidance to technical teams based on business objectives and strategic direction for our direct-to-consumer (D2C) businesses and other enterprise data research needs
What You Will Do
- Drive a high-performance culture within your team that can iterate and learn continuously without sacrificing quality.
- Own the vision and roadmap for the data platform
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to identify and prioritize initiatives
- Provide day-to-day administrative direction and oversight of key data and integration technology matters, enabling data service and reporting
- Collaborate with the legal, security and privacy teams to research, compile recommendations and best practices on data privacy and compliance.
- Define and maintain processes to ensure the quality of our products for a growing data organization.
- Provide technical supervision for all facets of software engineering and operational excellence
- Develop and mentor staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and performance management
Skills We’re Excited About
- Skilled at communication around technical concepts and ideas and the ability to collaborate with all parts of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to manage cross-functional initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to hire and mentor, manage projects using agile methodologies, build strong partnerships
- You are a self-starter, creative thinker and a strong problem solver with meticulous attention to details and can tackle loosely defined problems
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to communicate in a clear, collaborative, and open-minded and effective manner with both technical and non-technical peers.
- 10+ years’ relevant experience
- Mastery of database and data warehouse methodologies and techniques from transactional databases to dimensional data modeling, to wide denormalized data marts
- Deep understanding of SQL-based big data systems and experience with modern ETL tools
- Demonstrable experience developing for highly scalable, fault tolerant and always available systems
- Experience with real time streaming processing as well as high volume batch processing, and skilled in Advanced SQL, Apache Kafka, Data-Lakes, and workflow management
- Experience with data governance and data security
- Get your very own GoPro camera + gear
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance – premiums are 100% paid for employees, 80% paid for dependents
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Generous time off policy
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for new parents
- Pre-tax and Roth 401(k) options
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- LiveHealthy monthly wellness reimbursement
- Innovative remote-friendly wellness classes and events
- Flexible work arrangements
- Professional + personal development opportunities, i.e. LinkedIn Learning
- Opportunities to get involved in the causes that you care about (annual camera donation + volunteer events)
We strive for the day that no group can be described as underrepresented at GoPro – whether as part of our brand or in our workforce. We are committed to providing a more inclusive, representative, equal, just and happy world. GoPro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
* GoPro requires that all onsite visitors and workers be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Vaccination is not required to perform this role, but you will not be permitted to visit GoPro’s office locations if you are unvaccinated. An exception to this rule may be made if you qualify for an approved accommodation.
The ranges added below are for Colorado-based hires only and will be dependent on candidate experience. Pay ranges for candidates in other locations other than CO may differ. Pay range: $167,875-$224,000.