Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual consolidated financial statements in accordance with IFRS
- Lead the preparation and delivery of quarterly and annual external reporting to go along with consolidated financial statements, including footnotes, earning releases and checklists
- Research and document the implementation of new accounting standards and reporting requirements, and assess impact
- Advise senior management on the consistent interpretation and correct implementation of IFRS standards
- Develop accounting policies and procedures via an accounting manual and position papers
- Provide technical accounting support including research and issue resolution for ad hoc projects (taxes, leases, financial instruments, revenue recognition, etc.)
- Act as part of the project team in case of acquisitions or other significant transactions
- Lead in the preparation and documentation of controls in financial reporting and group accounting
- Lead with the internal and external auditors regarding the area of financial reporting and group accounting
- Drive improvements in the reporting process
Ideal profile for this role will be someone who has:
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Prior experience with a Big 4 firm
- Strong knowledge and relevant experience with IFRS technical accounting and external reporting
- Knowledge and experience with German GAAP
- Sound experience with consolidation software (we use Lucanet) and ERP systems (we use Workday)
- Exceptional relationship management and interpersonal skills as collaboration amongst Finance teams is essential
- Passionate about building and optimizing processes
- University degree (BA minimum), International Accounting Certificate is preferable
- Fluent in English, German (nice to have)
- A “can do” attitude and initiative to take ownership and drive projects
What’s in it for you? #LifeAtOmio
- Have an impact. With innovation and smart technology, together, we are powering journeys that move us.
- A competitive and attractive compensation package.
- Remote and flexible working, 27 vacation days, and a day off on your birthday.
- 6 weeks per year 'work-from-anywhere' – be on a mountain top, on a beach, in your back garden, – as long as you can do your job, you may be anywhere.
- Travel Benefits Scheme
- A diverse team of more than 45 nationalities.
Diversity makes us stronger
We value diversity and welcome all applicants regardless of ethnicity, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, or disability.
Intrigued? Apply here in English, and for any questions please email Jacob, Senior Talent Acquisition Manager [email protected]
Please ensure for when sending application through that you list:
1. Salary expectations 2. Notice period, – earliest time you can start in a new role
We look forward to hearing from you