We are a rapidly growing company that's revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an unrivalled commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help shape the future of the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
As a Helpdesk Analyst, you will provide 1st and 2nd level support to all staff members/internal employees of Toast. You will focus on supporting a primarily Mac OS focused environment, as well as a small fleet of Windows computers. You will also work on revising and improving systems, processes, and documents in a fast-paced environment with a continuously evolving toolset. The successful candidate must provide world-class customer service and technical support in a timely manner by proactively taking ownership of requests/incidents, utilizing their technical knowledge, resulting in resolution, delegation, or coordination of efforts with IT management.
About this Roll*: (Responsibilities)
- Identify and diagnose issues and problems
- Categorize and record reported queries and provide solutions in a timely manner
- Configure computers, create accounts, and facilitate IT training to new Toast employees
- Create, document, and modify technical solutions, processes, and procedures
- Field and log multi-channel technical requests & issues
- Advise users on appropriate course of action
- Monitor issues from start to resolution
- Troubleshoot various SaaS Systems
- Work on an after-hours support rotation (additional compensation provided)
- Install and configure new hardware, software, and peripherals
- Escalate, if needed, unresolved problems to a higher level of support
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 1-2 years of customer service experience
- 1-2 years of Hardware/Desktop support
- Curiosity and enthusiasm for new technology
- Personable, Friendly, and Outgoing – a people person that loves helping customers
- Proven ability to multitask and change priorities as needed
- Excellent communications skills; both written and verbal
- Adaptable – With Toast’s hyper-growth you must be adaptable to the changing landscape
Special Sauce: (non-essential skills, nice to have)
- 1-2 years of Technical Support Experience in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in supporting Mac OS and Windows OS
- Experience with Google Admin & Google Suite
- Experience with a ServiceNow or other ITIL focused ticketing systems
- Previous experience with any of the following SaaS: Office 365, Okta, Slack, Zoom Jamf, or KACE
- Basic networking experience (Meraki, TCP/IP, LAN, WAN, etc.)
- Technical writing experience
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.