Swift Navigation is hiring. Let us introduce ourselves. Swift is changing the way we navigate and understand the world. Swift’s precise positioning technology platform improves location accuracy from several meters to centimeter-level and is used by millions of devices across the globe. Swift’s technology is trusted by users across industries, enabling safer driving, improving efficiency for last-mile delivery and commercial transport operations, increasing accuracy for mobile devices and creating new possibilities for rail, robotics and machine control. That’s what we offer our customers and partners, but it’s the work we do together as a team that is the best part of our days. We collaborate—across the globe—to tackle problems, to pursue our mission and to make a real impact in the world. We are diverse, flexible, supportive and we believe our team is our most important asset and offer a host of benefits and programs to ensure that they know it.
Swift is seeking an outstanding technical lead to join its GNSS positioning engine team. In this position, you will be the technical lead of a small team of engineers that design, prototype and implement state-of-the-art GNSS high-accuracy positioning algorithms for Swift’s market-leading positioning solutions across a wide range of applications including RTK, PPP, PPP-RTK, and GNSS network corrections.
The ideal candidate has a strong background in GNSS estimation techniques and hands-on experience with the challenges associated with high-accuracy and carrier-phase-based positioning techniques. They would have excellent communication skills and be able to communicate deeply technical concepts to a variety of audiences. They are a team player with a strong focus and interest in helping their teammates grow and sharing their knowledge.
- Identify, prototype and implement innovative algorithms to improve GNSS performance of Swift positioning and correction engines
- Provide support and mentorship to the team through design / code reviews
- Interface with other functional area experts (Sensor fusion, Cloud, Embedded,..) to optimize Swift solution end-to-end
- Support Swift product release process and customer programs / evaluation
- Direct and deep experience in GNSS in the estimation of at least one of the following:
- High-accuracy rover GNSS engine (RTK / PPP)
- High-accuracy GNSS correction products (NRTK, PPP-RTK, PPP)
- Experience developing production systems in C or C++ in a scalable environment.
- Understanding of fundamental estimation theory and the application of this theory to GNSS applications
- Communication skills/capacity to mentor
- Understanding/Direct experience of the constraints related to fusing high-accuracy GNSS outputs/observations with inertial measurements
- Hands-on experience integrating SW in a cloud-based or an embedded environment
- Experience with the constraints of urban/deep urban GNSS positioning
- Flexible vacation, competitive salary, and more for employees in the U.S.
- Tech talks, mentorship programs, employee events.
- Growth and learning opportunities from a tech environment include working closely with an international team of scientists, engineers, platform architects, programmers, executive staff and professionals.
Swift Navigation is a diverse and inclusive team. We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability status or other defining characteristics.
Swift Navigation will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of SFPC Art.49