Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Bready* to make a change?
Toast is continuously growing and changing! Our HR Systems team supports and enhances the employee journey by evolving our processes and systems as we scale. This person will be our People systems architecture expert, understanding the data touch points between People systems, internal Toast systems and external vendor platforms.
About this roll*:
- Create and maintain integrations between Workday to internal Toast systems and external vendors using Workday tools such as Enterprise Interface Builder (EIB), Cloud Connect, Core Connector, Workday Studio. Produce data flows and integration guides.
- Serve as the primary contact on integration maintenance for Workday and connected systems, including monitoring error logs, addressing scheduling/timing issues, file transfer failures or data issues. Coordinate resolution with internal teams; consult on necessary processes to ensure data integrity through auditing and monitoring
- Participate in systems RFPs to provide an employee data lens, define scope, create feasibility/level of effort estimates and define technical specs
- Participate in new systems implementations as the “data translator” from the People team. Produce communications to educate a variety of audiences on impacts and risks. Coordinate integration testing between relevant internal and external teams.
Do you have the right ingredients?
- 5-7 years experience working with HR data, with a broad understanding of People functions and data; Associate's Degree or equivalent experience in a related field preferred
- 3-5 years of experience as a Workday analyst or administrator responsible for creating reports and integrations, with advanced calculated field knowledge. Ideal candidate will have completed Workday Training (Workday Report Writer, Calculated Fields, Integration System Fundamentals) or equivalent experience creating various reports and integrations in Workday (advanced/matrix/composite reports, dashboards, inbound/outbound EIBs, Cloud Connect, Core Connectors, XSLT) Strong understanding of the broad and ever changing landscape of HR technology tools. Enthusiasm for learning new technology, and a love of process improvement and data integrity using them to improve employee experience and efficiency; positive attitude, can-do mindset, and a desire to constantly improve and iterate
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (advanced knowledge of Excel preferred), Google Suite, and process diagramming tools (ex: Visio, Lucidchart, draw.io)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, demonstrate empathy and patience, strong customer service skills, attention to detail, and outstanding organizational skills. Ability to digest and communicate complex information to non-technical audiences.
- Collaborative problem-solving approach; leverages relationships and strong business acumen to understand not only the “what” the “why” behind requests; displays empathy for partner teams
- Ability to multitask under pressure and thrive in a fast-paced environment; flexible and able to respond to rapidly changing business needs
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.