Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Are you bready* for a change?
Toast is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Identity Management team to play a critical role in developing reliable code and algorithms in our user management, permission, and web services. We are looking for an engineer who has the ability and drive to lead and make an impact, not only on their own but by also enabling those around them to succeed. Partnering with stakeholders, product managers, product designers, product data analysts, and other engineers, you will be part of a team responsible for ensuring that our practices in the development of our platform are safe and secure. You will also be responsible for developing and maintaining core services and repositories in Toast, including integrations, managing users, authentication, and permissions. The Toast platform processes tens of millions of requests per day, and this number grows constantly as we add new restaurants and integration partners to our system. The services we develop on this team are essential for Toast’s operation and their resilience and reliability are crucial from a business and user perspective.
If you want to help create something tangible that is used every day, help small businesses achieve their vision, and take on the challenge of scaling a SaaS product from millions of users to hundreds of millions of users, Toast is the place for you.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Work collaboratively with UX, PM, QA and other engineers designing, building and maintaining high performance, flexible and highly scalable microservices for user management, permission, and web services, as well as development of associated web and mobile applications
- Define best practices and help choose technologies to evolve our current tech. stack while writing world-class applications
- Champion best practices such as quality integration and unit testing
- Provide design feedback and participate in code reviews to ensure implementations meet requirements
- Ensure that all work done is delivered with quality and is appropriately monitored and supported in production
- Mentoring other team members
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Experience delivering high quality, reliable services to production using Java, Kotlin or other object oriented language(s)
- Proficient in Software Development best practices (Code Quality, UnitTest, BDD) ● Experience leading a team in the Agile/Scrum methodology
- Experience building & leading engineering teams and guiding career paths
- Experience supporting and debugging a large multi threaded application.
- Enjoys and is passionate about building well-engineered, usable and accessible systems
- Exposure to distributed systems, scaling challenges, SaaS, SQL, JS, & Pulsar are a plus.
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- Pension plan
- Health insurance family plan
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Commuter benefits, bike to work
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.