Location: Hybrid Remote/In Office (Paris Issy-Les-Moulineaux, France). This role can be performed anywhere from France.
GoPro is seeking a top tier candidate for the Image Quality Systems Engineer role. This position will help design and develop methodologies that are required to analyze, correlate, and improve the image quality of GoPro's camera product line. Specifically, the Image Processing Engineer’s responsibilities include validating the fundamental image quality of future SoCs, developing tools and infrastructure to improve the image quality tuning process, developing image quality objective metrics to aid in camera development, and perform IQ tuning to support the characterization of future algorithms and components.
Fluency in English is required. Please provide your CV in English.
- Work with algorithm, firmware, and infrastructure teams, as well as SoC vendors to validate fundamental functionality of SoCs (present and future).
- Perform IQ tuning and ISP simulations to characterize algorithms/components.
- Develop and validate image quality tuning tools for faster, more efficient tuning work flow, both internally and with external SoC vendors.
- Develop and validate simulation tools for easier off-line tuning and the ability to provide accurate examples to leadership and product teams.
- Develop image quality objective metrics and new test algorithms.
- Support definition of firmware system to interact with IQ tuning.
Skills We’re Stoked About
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Image Processing, Electrical Engineering, or related fields (Master’s Degree Preferred)
- 5+ years of industry experience in ISPs, image processing, image quality tools, camera tuning and calibration, or in closely related field
- Expertise in C, C++, as well as Python and/or Matlab Scripting languages
- In-depth knowledge of and experience in objective image quality measurement and testing
- In-depth knowledge of and experience in subjective image quality evaluation
- Ability to work well individually and within groups with strong interpersonal communication skills
- Fluent in English
- Get your very own GoPro camera + gear
- Excellent healthcare insurance coverage (Health-premium paid for 70% by GoPro)
- Competitive salary and discretionary performance-related bonus
- Subsidized lunch and snacks galore
- Gym fee compensation
- Transit benefit – 50% of the applicable public transportation pass
- Flexible work arrangements
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Professional + personal development opportunities, i.e. LinkedIn Learning, technology trainings, certifications, Peer-to-Peer learning, conferences and more.
- Opportunities to get involved in the causes that you care about (annual camera donation + volunteer events)
We strive for the day that no group can be described as underrepresented at GoPro – whether as part of our brand or in our workforce. We are committed to providing a more inclusive, representative, equal, just and happy world. GoPro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.