Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
The Trade & Logistics Coordinator is to be the first point of contact between Toast and vendors, service providers, responsible for communication, coordination of air, ocean, truck, couriers, or any other services needed in the transportation of Toast goods. This person will ensure all transportation services are handled to best serve Toast and its customers in the most time efficient and cost-effective manor.
- Support Toast inbound operations relating to delivery schedules overseas imports from manufacturing partners and inbound material from domestic
- Coordinate, schedule and monitor all imports from overseas manufacturing partners as well as inbound freight from domestic suppliers aligning with arrival requirements/need by dates.
- Determine alternate routes dependent on vessel and port capacities, space limitations, delays, etc.
- Manage all required documentation for all inbound logistics
- Monitor and measure transportation partners, arrival notice turnover, customer brokerage and on-time delivery
- Awareness and adherence to global trade regulations
- Proactively work to resolve all shipping exceptions while goods are in transit
- Ability to effectively listen and communicate clearly to team members and vendors of status information and service requirements
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and flexible/comfortable with shifting priorities
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Attention to detail and well organized
- Strong time management skills (works well with deadlines)
- Understand Bills of lading, terms of sale (liabilities)
- Expert in overall freight import scheduling, booking and processes (all modes)
- Familiar with custom documents, 3461, 7501, HTS, delivery orders, etc.
- Monitor, track, and update workflows
- Understand truck transportation, dispatching of documents and pre-dispatching of import documents
- International shipping A-Z for density, size limitations, regulations, and requirements
- Domestic LTL and truckload services, multi-modal cargo density, linear ft rule, etc.
- Keep Knowledge current regulations and changes with DOT, CBP, USDA, AD/CVD, FDA, EOA, TSA and all other US Government laws.
- Efficient with Microsoft Suites and Google Docs
- Transportation limited (may visit configuration centers)
“Our Spread of Total Rewards”
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.