Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Toast is looking for an energetic and enthusiastic Indirect Tax Analyst, who will be responsible for preparing transaction tax returns. Returns are filed in state and local tax jurisdictions throughout the United States, as well as global filings.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Prepare and file indirect tax returns including sales, use, gross receipts, VAT, and GST
- Prepare tax returns using Avalara software
- Analyze GL, reconciliations, and tax reports to ensure accurate reporting of tax. Reconcile data between systems to ensure integrity and accuracy
- Ensure timely and accurate filings to minimize assessments and penalties. Monitor applicable pre -payments and credits
- Assist in the preparation of all relevant sales tax registration filings to ensure the Company is compliant with all state and local sales tax registration requirements, including but not limited to VDA filings
- Assist with indirect tax audits, including preparation of data collection and analysis, reviewing data for accuracy, gathering documentation, and investigating any issues
- Monitor the sales tax system to ensure correct rates and tax rules are applied
- Resolve notices and outstanding tax issues
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 2+ years of experience in industry or tax consultancy positions working in indirect taxes
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic and able to manage multiple competing priorities and accelerated deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
Special Sauce* (Nonessential Skills/Nice to Haves)
- Avalara (or equivalent electronic tax engine – Vertex, OneSource) and NetSuite product experience is a plus
- Experience with data analysis and automation tools, such as Alteryx, RPA, or similar applications, is a plus
- Strong tax research skills using databases such as RIA Checkpoint & CCH
- Exposure to both sales tax and VAT/GST is a plus
- Familiarity with marketplace facilitator laws and requirements is a plus
Our Spread* of Total Rewards:
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.