**Must be located in the Greater Boston area**
IT Field Support Analyst
We are a rapidly growing company that's revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an unrivaled commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help shape the future of the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
As an IT Field Support Analyst at Toast, you will provide expert level support to our Toasters in a dynamic and fast paced environment. You will focus on supporting a primarily Mac OS focused environment, as well as a small fleet of Windows computers. As an IT Field Support Analyst you will partake in the in-person support offered to Toasters so they stay up and running with the most productive tools available. A major part of this role will be to understand the trends and escalations of issues Toasters are having with their technology and partner with the appropriate teams such as Help Desk and Asset Operations to see through the proper solutions. Excellent written and verbal communication required to be successful in this role so we can collaborate cross functionally regarding the needs of all teams at Toast. We are looking for a real self-starter who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and build processes and procedures to evolve the technical experience of our Toasters.
About this roll*: (Responsibilities)
- Support Toasters with issues with their Toast laptops in a walk up environment in addition to tickets in ServiceNow.
- Support additional technology within the Boston office to keep Toasters up and running and as productive as possible.
- Work closely with the Workplace Experience team to ensure office spaces are supported in varying scenarios that utilize technology
- Identify opportunities in systems, software, and hardware and partner with Asset team to drive change
- Partner with stakeholders to understand needs of the business and communicate them to IT Operations managers – Assets, Help Desk, etc.
Breakdown of responsibilities
- In person support of user endpoints, peripherals, printers, and relative hardware – 50%
- Create, document, and modify technical solutions, processes, and procedures 25%
- Respond to and troubleshoot break/fix tickets 15%
- Collaborate across teams at Toast to ensure hardware and software is performing appropriately and escalate issues to leadership – 5%
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 1-3 years of Technical Support Experience in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in supporting Mac OS and Windows
- Experience with Google Admin & Google Suite
- Experience with a ServiceNow or other ITIL focused ticketing systems
- Previous experience with any of the following SaaS: Office 365, Okta, Slack, Zoom, and Jamf
- Technical writing experience
- Curiosity and enthusiasm for new technology
- Personable, Friendly, and Outgoing – a people person that loves helping others
- Proven ability to multitask and change priorities as needed
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.