Lead Product Designer – Restaurant Ops
- 100% remote
- Open to residents within the United States
Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
We are looking for a Lead Product Designer with a strong portfolio demonstrating a balance of user goals and business objectives to deliver intuitive experiences that “Do right by the customer.” We seek an experienced leader and teammate dedicated to our mission; helping restaurants do what they love and thrive.
You are passionate about improving the experience of everyone working in a restaurant. You’re a systems thinker who loves untangling and making sense of complex problems that span human, digital, and physical interactions. By collaborating with your business partners, you can create assets such as journey maps and service blueprints to uncover the most painful and impactful problems to solve.
Bready* for change?
About this roll* (responsibilities):
- Partner with team lead counterparts in product management, engineering, and adjacent product teams to evolve our web strategy, create reusable templates and drive interactions standards across the system.
- Partner with marketing teams to create targeted product led growth campaigns that lead to upsell conversions.
- Design intuitive experiences across responsive web and native mobile platforms, delivering easy to follow wireframes, workflows, and prototypes.
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices, and standards by overseeing the evolution of our design system.
- Plan and execute user research studies that generate insights to positively impact product design.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (requirements):
- 5+ years experience with demonstrated ability to create a solution that is embedded in a larger complex system and connect to a broader product vision.
- Expert in designing for multiple screen sizes and platforms: native mobile, responsive mobile, and web.
- Experienced information architect
- Desire to mentor and grow team members
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills with an ability to build strong relationships both within and outside of the product organization.
- Strong presentation skills
- Experience in strategizing and executing your own UX research
- Proactive with capacity to handle high work volume and balance multiple projects at once
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment with a willingness to learn new things and tackle a range of challenges as they arise.
Our Spread of Total Rewards (benefits):
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.