Location: Flexible (Paris Issy-les-Moulineaux) – This role requires proximity to an office location with the flexibility to work from home.
For the past few years, GoPro has grown from a hardware company to an ecosystem company that provides an end-to-end solution for our customers to manage their memories and help become great content creators. GoPro software now offers not just capturing media, but also saving and managing media, innovative editing tools and exciting subscriptions that maximize value and utility for our consumers.
With the software business now the key focus and growth driver for the company, the GoPro Software Product and UX team is looking for the editing product team leader who will develop the editing product vision for both mobile and desktop and deliver impactful product experience for our users. This position will work closely with engineering and UX in both US and Europe to develop editing innovations that will make editing easy and fun for both 2D and 360 experiences. Editing is the core experience that the GoPro Software ecosystem offers to our customers and this editing team leader will have the opportunity to significantly contribute to growing our software business.
Why Work With Us?
Create your own destiny. GoPro enables you and trusts you to get your own job done, because we believe that autonomy in role brings out the best in our employees.
Live your best life. We’ve adopted remote and flexible work arrangements to support work at GoPro alongside our commitment to supporting employee wellbeing, belonging and connection with one another.
Work with leading edge technologies. We encourage employees to cultivate and use the latest and greatest technology, to provide the best solutions to serve our customers. We celebrate creative solutions that bring innovation to GoPro technology.
What You Will Do
- Lead the development of GoPro ecosystem’s editing product strategy and experience.
- Develop a compelling editing product vision and detailed product roadmap based on user insights, data, competition and leading-edge video technology.
- Manage the internal editing engine that powers the cross-platform experience as a product and set the clear long-term product vision as well as priorities for the development team.
- Develop an industry defining 360 (Spherical) editing SW experience.
- Manage the mobile editing product manager based in Paris as the team lead.
- Collaborate closely with the US teams (engineering, product, UX, program, marketing) to align with the overall ecosystem strategy
- Communicate the overall company priorities and product strategy of other initiative teams to the relevant teams in European offices.
Skills We’re Excited About
- Technical degree (engineering, computer science)
- Professional experience in editing for mobile and/or desktop applications.
- Industry experience and in-depth knowledge in video, media and editing
- 10 + years of product management experience in consumer facing B2C software products
- Experience managing and mentoring product managers
- Data driven product management practice and fluency in analytics
- Fluency in English
Bonus Points For
- Passion for video media and editing
- Get your very own GoPro camera + gear
- Excellent healthcare insurance coverage (Health-premium paid for 70% by GoPro)
- Competitive salary and discretionary performance-related bonus
- Subsidized lunch and snacks galore
- Gym fee compensation
- Transit benefit – 50% of the applicable public transportation pass
- Flexible work arrangements
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan.
- Professional + personal development opportunities, i.e. LinkedIn Learning, technology trainings, certifications, Peer-to-Peer learning, conferences and more.
- Opportunities to get involved in the causes that you care about (annual camera donation + volunteer events)
We strive for the day that no group can be described as underrepresented at GoPro – whether as part of our brand or in our workforce. We are committed to providing a more inclusive, representative, equal, just and happy world. GoPro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.