Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
As a Salesforce Lead Developer you will design and build at-scale Apex, Lightning Web Component, and Integrations on Toast's Salesforce platform. You would be responsible for the success and impact of a development team and improving that team over time. You will be guiding the team as they work closely with integration engineers and solution architects to improve and optimize the functionality of various business processes and high value company initiatives in the Toast Business Systems ecosystem.
About this roll* (Responsibilities):
- Build Salesforce solutions/frameworks using Apex and Lightning Component Framework (Aura and LWC) leveraging the full capabilities of the Salesforce platform to support the company's programs
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to the team on how to build salesforce solutions that solve current needs while being flexible to future changes
- Review work delivered by other team members and consultants meets our quality standards and follows industry best practices
- Develop/solution custom applications using Salesforce.com and integrating Salesforce.com with other external platforms using REST/SOAP, Push Topics, Platform events and Salesforce Connect
- Apply best practices and design patterns of best-of-breed applications developed on the Salesforce.com platform
- Guide the growth of one to two junior developers on the team, including mentoring, career development, and performance management.
- Document functional and technical requirements for new projects, enhancements to existing solutions and production issues reported by end users
- Work closely with the DevOps team to optimize the Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment processes and test automation frameworks for the team.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements):
- 6+ years software development experience (C#, Visual Basic, Java, Salesforce, Apex, Visualforce, etc.)
- 5+ years Salesforce development experience (Lightning, VF, Apex) in an Enterprise environment
- 1+ years of experience as a technical lead performing code reviews, building team tooling and assisting junior team members
- Advanced experience using Process Builders, Flows and other Salesforce platform tools
- Advanced understanding of the Software Development Life cycle and Agile methodologies
- Advanced experience with SFDC specific IDE, version control and CICD tools (Github, VSCode, SFDX, AutoRabit/Copado/Jenkins)
- Advanced experience with trigger frameworks other enterprise patterns
- Experience with Salesforce Sales Cloud and Service Cloud (Experience Cloud a plus)
- Ability to quickly jump into the unknown codebase/metadata to troubleshoot or review
- Take pride in mentoring other SFDC developers and administrators
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
- Salesforce certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline
Special Sauce: (non-essential skills, nice to have)
- Experience using ServiceNow or similar tool
- Experience using Jira or similar
- Salesforce Platform Developer II certification
- Salesforce Cloud or Architect certifications
- Familiarity leveraging Heroku, AWS and/or iPaaS for SFDC integrations
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.