At Toast, we are committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Are you bready* for a change?
Toast is looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer, Tech Lead to join the Multi-Location Experience team in Dublin. This team streamlines operations for Toast’s largest, high-profile brands, tackling the unique challenges of managing data at scale across multiple locations and concepts. With a mission to deliver an industry-best experience, this team enables brands to grow quickly and operate efficiently in an increasingly competitive marketplace. Partnering with stakeholders, product managers, product designers, and other engineers, you will be part of a team developing a best-in-class solution that delivers functionality that delights.
We are looking for an engineer who has the ability and drive to make an impact, not only on their own but by also enabling those around them to succeed. You will be responsible for leading the creation and support of features across our distributed backend services and web frontend. Your team will be tasked with building scalable, reliable and high quality features with the goal of creating a smooth and delightful experience for restaurant staff and their guests.
If you want to help create something tangible that is used every day, help small businesses achieve their vision, and take on the challenge of scaling a SaaS product from millions of users to hundreds of millions of users, Toast is the place for you.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Lead a team working collaboratively with UX, PM, QA and other engineers building web applications using modern web technologies
- Define best practices and help choose technologies to evolve our current front-end stack while writing world-class applications
- Manage projects from conception, completion, and ultimately the rollout and support
- Championing best practices such as quality integration and unit testing
- Provide design feedback and participate in code reviews to ensure implementations meet requirements
- Ensure that all work done by the team is delivered with quality and is appropriately monitored and supported in production
- Guide the growth & development of engineers with mentoring, training and performance management
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Proficient in Java, Kotlin or other object oriented languages
- Proficient with traditional databases and alternative data stores
- Experience with modern web standards and technologies (e.g. React, Typescript)
- Proficient in Software Development best practices (Code Quality, UnitTest, BDD)
- Experience delivering high quality, reliable services to production
- Excellent cross-team communication skills on complex technical topics
- Experience of building & leading technology teams and guiding career paths
- Passionate about building great software
- Prior experience with big data, distributed systems, enterprise messaging systems or microservices is a plus
Our Spread* of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Pension plan
- Health insurance family plan
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Commuter benefits, bike to work
- Various peer and company recognition programs
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.