Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. As our lead UI designer for guest-facing products, you’ll work on crafting the visual language for a diverse range of projects, all with the united goal of helping restaurants represent the best of their hospitality, digitally. The core mission is to create experiences that help Restaurants not only meet their guests where they are, but deepen the connection with every interaction.
You are a talented and friendly team player with a strong portfolio showcasing emotionally engaging, top-of-class mobile consumer experiences. You think big, pushing the Toast product brand forward, but you also care deeply about the fine details. You are a key contributor to growing our design system, working closely with other UI and UX designers and engineers to align and add patterns and styles across all guest-facing products.
About this roll* (responsibilities)
- Craft, lead, and own a scalable UI Design Language across guest-facing native mobile products from concept to highly polished final designs
- Contribute to product vision and strategy resulting in emotionally engaging experiences.
- Be a key contributor to scaling Toast’s design system, from building components to documenting usage guidelines
- Advocate for UI best practices and accessibility
- Leverage storytelling and design to present to key stakeholders
- Inspire and mentor fellow UI and UX designers
Do you have the right ingredients*? (requirements)
- 7+ years of demonstrated experience creating compelling new UI design and visual product experiences for a product area, and connecting those to a broader product vision
- Expert in designing for multiple screen sizes and platforms with a focus on native mobile
- Fluency in Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, iOS/Android native app patterns, responsive/HTML/CSS design, motion design
- Expert in building responsive components and patterns in Figma
- Proactive with capacity to handle high work volume and balance multiple projects at once
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with a willingness to learn new things and tackle a range of challenges as they arise
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills with an ability to build strong relationships both within and outside of the product organization
Our Spread* of Total Rewards: (benefits)
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.