Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Bready* to make a change?
At Toast, we embrace a hospitality mindset and empathy is our default. That means we go above and beyond to understand the diverse wellbeing needs of our employees in today’s increasingly complex world. In this newly-created role, you'll be responsible for developing a strategy to support Toast’s wellbeing and safety needs and manage programs that ensure Toast provides a healthy workplace. Join us and make a positive and lasting impact on the wellbeing of Toast employees around the world!
What you will do:
- Evaluate the wellbeing and safety needs of Toasters globally, focusing on all areas of wellbeing, with a focus on physical, emotional, and social areas.
- Develop a comprehensive wellbeing and safety strategy, evaluating current state, providing insights, and proposing programs and policies to support and enable employee wellbeing at Toast.
- Develop a measurement approach to assess the effectiveness and outcomes of Toast’s wellbeing programs on an ongoing basis, creating opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Regularly report out to Toast’s leadership team, providing insights, recommendations, and outcomes.
- Manage regulatory compliance associated with wellbeing and safety in all countries where Toast operates.
- Evaluate and provide recommendations on physical aspects of Toast’s workspaces in support of employee wellbeing. Evaluate the applicability of on-site health care delivery which could range from delivery of targeted events or ongoing on-site programs.
- Evaluate and provide recommendations on the solutions that will make up Toast’s integrated wellbeing ecosystem, leveraging wellbeing point solutions and technologies
- Evaluate and identify mental health needs within Toast’s community and propose programs to address them. This includes evaluation of jobs involving high-stress work and collaboration with management on appropriate work design or other solutions to support reasonable balance.
- Evaluate and identify occupational health or workers compensation trends; collaborate on areas of opportunity and propose programs and policies to remediate.
- Lead Toast’s evaluation and response planning for environmental and population health matters including COVID. This may include leading internal cross-functional team collaboration and decisions. Monitor external factors including case loads, federal and local mandates, and best-practice employer response. Develop and propose policies, guidelines, courses of action and develop employee communications. May manage contracts with outsourced providers to deliver related services such as testing or contact tracing.
- Analyze workforce data and provide insight into the impact of wellbeing on productivity, turnover and leaves of absence. Collaborate with the Benefits team and cross-functionally to identify, implement and promote programs that address wellbeing.
- Collaborate with Toast’s People team to promote Toast wellbeing programs to improve employee awareness of, and engagement with, wellbeing offerings.
- Partner with Toast’s Employee Resource Groups (“ERGs”) to further understand the diverse wellbeing needs of Toasters.
- Collaborate with the Security and Legal functions to ensure data security and adherence to all data privacy regulations.
- Participate in other related projects, as needed.
Do you have the right ingredients?
- At least seven years of related experience including direct experience managing wellbeing and safety programs in a corporate setting.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field; masters degree, a plus Health management and/or clinical experience preferred, including MPH, LICSW, RN/NP, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to apply analytics, determine insights and create action plans.
- Desire to work cross-functionally and with employees at all levels throughout the organization.
- Outstanding communication skills
- Strong ability to collaborate and influence cross-functionally
- Outstanding ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Ability to occasionally commute to a location in which Toast has an office (current locations include Boston, Chicago, Nashville, Omaha, Reno, San Francisco, Woburn). Please note that office locations may change in the future.
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.