This engineer will participate in the development of macOS applications that enable consumers to share their passions with friends and community by developing media management, editing, and storytelling features for GoPro cameras and cloud content.
What You Will Do
- Design and implement new functionality in our suite of desktop software
- Build/maintain reusable frameworks/tools and integrate existing in-house frameworks
- Develop rich, interactive, modern user interfaces that adhere to the platform’s best practices
- Take ownership of important projects from technical design to implementation
- Participate in code development from requirements to deployment
- Work with the whole team on features, from design to QA, and cross-platform developers
Skills We’re Excited About
- Ideally has experience and proficiently writing in Objective-C, Swift, C++
- Experience with AppKit and Auto Layout (UIKit OK)
- Experience with Hardened Runtime and Sandbox applications
- Strong ability to debug using LLDB, experience with tools like Instruments is a plus
- Experience with Xcode, setting up frameworks, dependencies, etc.
- Experience with REST APIs using NSURLSession and interacting with cloud endpoints
- Collaborative experience working with UX designers, Product Managers and Testers
- Comfortable working in an Agile environment
Bonus Points For
- Experience with AVFoundation or VideoToolBox
- Experience with Metal or other GPU APIs
- Experience developing Finder-based QuickLook plugins
Why Work With Us?
Create your own destiny. GoPro enables you and trusts you to get your own job done, because we believe that autonomy in role brings out the best in our employees.
Live your best life. We’ve adopted remote and flexible work arrangements to support work at GoPro alongside our commitment to supporting employee wellbeing, belonging and connection with one another.
Work with leading edge technologies. We encourage employees to cultivate and use the latest and greatest technology, to provide the best solutions to serve our customers. We celebrate creative solutions that bring innovation to GoPro technology.
- Get your very own GoPro camera + gear
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance – premiums are 100% paid for employees, 90% paid for dependents
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Generous time off policy
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for new parents
- Pre-tax and Roth 401(k) options
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- LiveHealthy monthly wellness reimbursement
- Innovative remote-friendly wellness classes and events
- Flexible work arrangements
- Professional + personal development opportunities, i.e. LinkedIn Learning, technology trainings, certifications, Peer-to-Peer learning, conferences and more
- Opportunities to get involved in the causes that you care about (annual camera donation + volunteer events)
We strive for the day that no group can be described as underrepresented at GoPro – whether as part of our brand or in our workforce. We are committed to providing a more inclusive, representative, equal, just, and happy world. GoPro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The pay range for this role is between $113,050 – $194,350. Actual pay within the range is dependent on multiple factors, including your residence location and prior work experience. Equity, benefits, and a discretionary bonus may be additional forms of compensation for this role and are not included in the provided pay range.