Location: Remote. This role can be performed anywhere.
This role will leverage the candidate’s software quality assurance management experience to help manage, test, and deliver the GoPro Desktop Applications. The Software QA Engineering Manager will be responsible for directing a test team responsible for the GoPro product suite on Mac and Windows platforms. The manager will work with departments in multiple locations in the US and Europe to guide test planning and bug triaging, validate test coverage, execute automated and manual tests, and help generate test plans and quality reports for company-wide visibility. The ideal candidate will have experience in developing and testing software in an agile development environment, have experience running a QA team, have knowledge of digital video and video editing tools, using automated test frameworks, and have top notch interpersonal and organizational skills to help lead a QA team toward efficient and effective testing on multiple software projects.
What You Will Do
- Supervise a team of highly skilled GoPro client software testers
- Be responsible for the continued improvement of the GoPro software suite and ecosystem
- Help test highly innovative professional desktop products
- Collaborate with Developers, UX and Product Design to help define and test new features
- Help manage the Quality team in improving process, efficiency, and effectiveness
- Use and test the GoPro camera as part of the software ecosystem
- Create test plans for the mobile and desktop client applications
- Set short term and long term goals for team career growth
- Integrate with a global test team located in San Diego, Bucharest, and Paris
- Use automated test tools and manual tests to create detailed bug tickets in JIRA
- Generate detailed analysis and reports of product quality for distribution and improvement
- Create and execute test plans for GoPro products
Skills We’re Excited About
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- 3+ Yrs Experience managing in an agile software development environment
- Experience with video encoding and decoding on mobile and desktop platforms
- Experience with video editing using industry standard tools
- Ability to manage multiple projects and testers concurrently
- Ability to enhance team relationships and manage employee career growth
- Test planning and project management using Jira or similar tool sets
- Strong communication (written and verbal) skills
- Familiarity with automated test frameworks for mobile and desktop software
- Experience with identifying key performance metrics for team and product improvement
Bonus Points For
- Familiarity with Continuous Delivery and Continuous Integration best practices
- Knowledge of C++ and Swift
- REST API testing
Why Work With Us?
Create your own destiny. GoPro enables you and trusts you to get your own job done, because we believe that autonomy in role brings out the best in our employees.
Live your best life. We’ve adopted remote and flexible work arrangements to support work at GoPro alongside our commitment to supporting employee wellbeing, belonging and connection with one another.
Work with leading edge technologies. We encourage employees to cultivate and use the latest and greatest technology, to provide the best solutions to serve our customers. We celebrate creative solutions that bring innovation to GoPro technology.
- Get your very own GoPro camera + gear
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance – premiums are 100% paid for employees, 90% paid for dependents
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Generous time off policy
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for new parents
- Pre-tax and Roth 401(k) options
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- LiveHealthy monthly wellness reimbursement
- Innovative remote-friendly wellness classes and events
- Flexible work arrangements
- Professional + personal development opportunities, i.e. LinkedIn Learning, technology trainings, certifications, Peer-to-Peer learning, conferences and more
- Opportunities to get involved in the causes that you care about (annual camera donation + volunteer events)
We strive for the day that no group can be described as underrepresented at GoPro – whether as part of our brand or in our workforce. We are committed to providing a more inclusive, representative, equal, just, and happy world. GoPro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The pay range for this role is between $142,375 – $215,050. Actual pay within the range is dependent on multiple factors, including your residence location and prior work experience. Equity, benefits, and a discretionary bonus may be additional forms of compensation for this role and are not included in the provided pay range.