Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Reporting to the Director of Systems Architecture & Integrations the Manager of Systems Engineering (Integrations) will establish and lead a fast paced team of Integration Engineers and Analysts responsible for providing technical solutions that meet the evolving business needs of the organization. You will partner with technical teams and business owners to scope and implement new technical initiatives, streamline, automate, and simplify processes and educate employees on the effective use of the technologies and processes necessary for the business to operate.
About this roll*: (Responsibilities)
- Collaborate and facilitate high quality and high velocity delivery of integrations across the enterprise applications ecosystem from inception to delivery and support.
- Manage the daily activities of Integration Engineers and Analysts who are delivering new features and enhancements critical to Toast's business growth
- Provide leadership, activity planning and direction to complete team tasks, produce the required deliverables, track/resolve issues and meet project milestones
- Identify, select and implement best practices to gather, document, streamline and improve business processes for Business Systems stakeholders
- Mentor team members, identify/develop opportunities for individual growth and set a positive example for working in a team environment
- Collaborate with product ownership to manage and prioritize the team’s product backlog
- Facilitate release planning and capacity planning for team’s initiatives
- Review deliverables for the team and contribute hands-on to complex integration projects.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Experience directly managing a development, integration or technical team
- Experience working in or overseeing a CICD model consisting of internationally based executing teams
- Well versed in integration technologies REST, SOAP, ETL, etc..
- Implementation expertise and practical experience working on large high volume integration projects involving complex and critical integration across disparate systems
- Experience in collaborating with product owners representing Sales, Customer Service, Product & Engineering and balancing competing interests and needs across the organization to define a clear roadmap for Integration deliverables
- Experience in developing and retaining a highly talented team
- Ownership and customer focus
Special Sauce: (non-essential skills, nice to have)
- Experience working with cloud based applications (Salesforce, NetSuite, RevPro, Workday)
- Familiarity with iPaaS and ETL applications (Workato, Mulesoft, Boomi, Informatica)
- Experience working with 3rd party development teams
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.