Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Toast is looking for a dynamic, naturally curious, and multi-purpose technologist to help guide our organization's vision for its employee technology stack. As our Manager of Innovation, you’ll have 2 key areas of focus. One, you’ll serve as a consultant to our leaders helping to shepherd major technology purchases through a structured process helping to capture our business needs and assess the possible solutions in the market. Two, you’ll keep an ear to the ground, proactively identifying trends in technology that Toast should pursue and inform our leadership of these opportunities to improve our customer and employee experiences.
This is an incredible opportunity for someone who wants to drive impact through operations with high exposure to different departments' leadership and process.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Take ownership of shepherding teams through the business and technical requirements gathering for major SaaS purchases.
- Put together market research on the best in class options for these teams and their technical counterparts to evaluate.
- Create and iterate on processes to effectively hand off these implementations to Product Owners and Implementation groups.
- Proactively study the technology landscape to identify compelling investments our teams should consider.
- Travel to industry events and conferences to meet with current and potential partners.
- Design a quarterly newsletter to keep members of the broader organization informed on technologies we are purchasing, the impacts it is having, and industry-wide shifts.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 5+ years experience in operations, technology consulting, or departmental leadership with responsibilities in business systems and infrastructure.
- Direct, hands on experience purchasing SaaS tools and a track record of successful deployments.
- A passion for trends in business technology with an initial interest in diverse applications across a portfolio of teams.
- Strong writers voice and editing ability, preferably with experience creating content for Director+ audiences.
- Architecture and integration mindset, with the able to understand how different databases extract, transform and load sets of information.
- Demonstrated ability to gather feedback, drive consensus, and manage change.
- Experience with Salesforce.com preferred
- Open to 20% travel
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.