Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love
The partnerships team is responsible for the end-to-end development and deployment of Toast’s partnership strategy. This includes working closely with our product and sales teams to develop strategy, scoping potential partnerships and negotiating contracts, developing relationships with external and internal parties, and executing the deployment and ongoing growth of mutually beneficial partnerships across a cross-functional team. The team manages Toast’s broad portfolio of Channel (lead-gen) and product-focused Integration partners.
We are looking for a Manager, Business Development to manage Toast’s integration partners. You will have experience managing external relationships and driving cross-functional internal teams, be comfortable in a fast-paced environment, and be able to put structure to complex, unstructured problems.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Serve as the primary point of contact for Integration partners, building relationships with multiple stakeholders at various levels of the partner’s organization
- Manage the partnership through all phases, from onboarding and launch through scaling and re-negotiating contracts
- Establish, monitor, and report on goals and key performance indicators (KPIs), ensuring Toast and partner expectations are met
- Lead QBRs and other updates with partner on a regular cadence
- Identify and execute on opportunities to expand the partnership, proactively assess partners’ needs and support them as challenges arise.
- Set up and refine strategies and processes to improve the team’s operations and add more value to partner relationships
- Build strong internal relationships with teams including product, sales, partner marketing, and legal to ensure alignment and provide insight into partner needs
- Assist with building and executing on overall partnership strategy, including advising on new partnerships to prioritize and best practices based on existing partner experience
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Experience in partnerships/business development at a technology company, and/or management consulting
- Proven ability to develop deep relationships, both internally and externally, and building upon those relationships to scale partnerships
- Experience negotiating deals of various sizes and complexity
- Strong analytical skills – able to evaluate opportunities from strategic, brand, financial, and operational perspectives
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to think and communicate creatively and thoughtfully, with diverse technical and non-technical groups, spanning all organizational levels
- Highly entrepreneurial and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to thrive under minimal guidance
- Willing to travel as needed (less than 20%)
Special sauce* (Nonessential Skills/Nice to Haves)
- Proficiency with Salesforce, Snowflake, and Excel
- Experience with expanding partner marketplaces
- Technical proficiency (e.g. computer programming, familiarity with APIs, etc)
Our spread* of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.