Swift Navigation provides precise positioning solutions for automotive, autonomous vehicle, mobile and mass-market applications. What began as the GNSS industry’s first low-cost, high-accuracy, real-time kinematic (RTK) receiver has evolved into a Swift Navigation ecosystem of positioning solutions for autonomous applications. From the nationwide GNSS corrections delivered from the cloud by the Skylark™ precise positioning service, the hardware-independent, integrated software solution that is Starling® positioning engine to the centimeter-level accurate Piksi® Multi and ruggedized Duro® and Duro Inertial RTK receivers, Swift Navigation is enabling a future of autonomous vehicles to navigate and understand the world. Learn more online at swiftnav.com, follow Swift on Twitter @Swiftnav
As a member of the Cloud Engineering team, you will develop and operate services and infrastructure to run our leading cloud-based navigation corrections service. These services are being deployed globally and need to be highly available, to bring high precision, autonomous navigation systems to the forefront of the industry.
Our service-oriented architecture runs scientific modeling, and uses distributed message brokers for connected satellite navigation receivers.
You will be part of a team that develops components of our industry-leading positioning service.The team owns the provisioning, scalability, availability, and maintenance of our multi-cluster cloud platform, and develops new customer-facing services.
We value a strong sense of ownership, service, and integrity demonstrated through clear communication. We are looking for creative problem solvers and people who can up-level the team’s technologies and processes.
We love to meet great people, so even if you don't tick every single box, apply anyway!
What you’ll do
- You will design and implement services and applications that are part of our global GNSS corrections service product
- You will participate in a globally distributed team of engineers that develops and operates user-facing services
- You will champion modern tech stacks and development practices
- You will explore new technologies and services to improve and build our products
What we expect
- “Full stack” development experience for scalable services and applications, ideally using Golang, JS (React), databases
- Experience with deploying and operating container-based services in a cloud environment
- Understanding of distributed systems (pitfalls, scaling issues, residency, integrity) to include algorithms, data structures, data stores, and the use of database systems in these environments
- Project management and team leadership experience, to manage small teams and projects to success
We also value skills in one or more of the following areas:
- Creating and integrating services with REST and RPC interfaces
- People management experience
We don’t expect you to know all these technologies. We run a modern and well maintained tech stack and strive to keep it updated:
- gRPC and RESTful API development and integration
- AWS, Docker, Kubernetes (EKS), Grafana stack
- Microservices architecture in a distributed cloud environment
What’s great about this opportunity
You will lead the cloud platform and creation of cloud-based services for a high performing product used in autonomous vehicles and devices. You’ll be able to shape and influence our platform as we’re striving for modern and best-in-class practices and are adopting the right tools for the job.
Why join Swift Navigation
- Work with a small-but-growing company that solves the hard problems in precise positioning, and is building a vital service for autonomous vehicles, drones, and robots.
- Be the one who solves the challenge of developing a high-quality corrections service, and enable developers to deliver high-quality services efficiently – in a supportive, inclusive, and friendly environment with a great group of people.
- Swift offers flexible vacation time, competitive salary, employer covered health insurance, 401(k), lunches, and other competitive benefits. Join us in a dynamic engineering role — technological innovation is at the core of our business.
- Flexible vacation, competitive salary, employer covered health insurance, 401(k), flexible spending, HSA.
- Tech talks, mentorship programs, employee events.
- Growth and learning opportunities from a tech environment include working closely with an international team of scientists, engineers, platform architects, programmers, executive staff and professionals.
Swift Navigation is a diverse and inclusive team. We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability status or other defining characteristics.
Swift Navigation will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of SFPC Art.49