Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
The Manager – Technical Enablement reports to the Director of Technical Enablement and provides direct operational leadership and oversight of a team dedicated to driving product proficiency and expertise across our global Onboarding and Customer Success organizations. This person will work closely with other leaders across Customer Success, Product, Marketing, and Sales teams to successfully overhaul, launch, grow and improve-upon CS representation in the product journey as a key ingredient in delivering a world-class customer experience. This person and their team will be Toast Subject Matter Experts that act as a source of truth for internal teams, and a professional, reliable representative of Toast to our customers. This position is ultimately responsible for ensuring the Technical Enablement team efficiently and consistently provides a top quality service to the satisfaction of our customers.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Manage a team of product experts, including monitoring of goal and metrics, and mentoring future leaders within the team
- Collaborate with Product, Customer Success Education, Care, Onboarding, Restaurant Success, Sales and Marketing team leaders to assess, create, improve upon and maintain processes and standards that will allow for Technical Enablement’s continued growth and team scalability
- Partner with Role Enablement to identify proficiency gaps and opportunities within content, processes, and programs to ensure expert product knowledge across the teams we support
- Find synergies between internal and external product learning and areas to capitalize on shared knowledge bases and value messaging
- Leverage experience and success within Product Evangelism to help define industry standards around product launches, certification, and driving product expertise
- Gather and leverage market insights, industry trends, competitive intelligence, and product roadmap vision to inform our ongoing enablement strategy
- Assess and drive metrics for Production Readiness, analyzing the data for improvement ideas.
- Act as the high-level point of escalation
- Embody Toast’s Values and ensure the team members represent Toast internally and externally with the utmost professionalism
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Enablement, Project Management, Consulting, Product Management or an Operations role in a fast-paced, high-growth, and high-output environment
- 3+ years experience in a people management role
- Knowledge of SaaS release processes
- Proven ability to analyze trends, recommend and gain buy-in on the right solutions for complicated business needs, and follow through to completion
- Confident working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment with ambiguity
- Experience leading large cross-functional initiatives
- Love for developing people in a transitional environment
- Passionate about technology and hospitality
- Strong project management skills and ability to multitask
- Creative, analytical, and execution-oriented
- Ability to effectively operate both strategically and tactically
- A positive Team and Customer first mentality, your team and stakeholders love working with you
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.