On this team you are going to be responsible for building Windows applications that empower millions of people to enjoy their best life. This team is passionate about building a polished Windows app experience that spans an interconnected ecosystem of content, cameras, cloud, phones, and people.
The person in this role will building, supervising and growing a team of Windows developers while delivering engaging and compelling features within a media ecosystem that empowers users to capture, create, organize, collaborate and share high resolution photos, videos, and edited video reels with others in ways that drives happiness and fosters a sense of community.
This role will partner and coordinate with other teams including Product and Program Management, UI/UX, QA, Cloud, and other Engineering teams working in parallel on other features and aspects of the ecosystem.
What You Will Do
- Manage a team of Windows developers focused on building and delivering a variety of world class features of a mobile app in a rapid, yet quality-first, environment.
- Write code in C# and C++ to add new product features and perform bug-fixing.
- Work closely with project managers and partner engineering teams to align project priorities and schedules, provide work estimates, and identify and mitigate risks.
- Collaborate with Product and UX teams on visual design, information architecture, and interaction design to enable the creation of seamless and intuitively usable software.
- Ensure delivery of successful projects, show agility, adapt to change, and consistently align with the needs of the business.
- Hire and build out a team of engineers focused on specific areas of GoPro's Windows desktop app.
- Establish and drive quality-first, continuous improvement practices to achieve key business objectives.
- Ensure the team is motivated and having fun
- Provide mentoring, career development and perform performance management activities.
Skills We’re Excited About
- 8+ years of work experience in software development with a proven history of delivering new, consumer-facing software products to market.
- Computer Science Degree or equivalent experience
- Proven hands-on experience developing Windows apps with C#, C++, WPF, WinForms, UWP and some knowledge of new tools provided in WinUI.
- 1 – 4 years of experience managing teams of at least 4 people.
- Familiarity with JSON, and REST style programming.
- Demonstrated knowledge of MVVM, MVC, OOP, memory management and threading. Familiarity with view models and dependency injection.
- Experience incorporating the best practices of UI/UX, into software development.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to inspire and motivate a team of engineers through challenging projects and facilitate personal development.
- Highly efficient communication skills, able to interact at various levels of the organization, from individual contributors to upper management.
- Development experience in an Agile environment.
- Experience with Git, continuous integration, and automated build tools.
- General interest with audio, photo, and video editing / streaming.
Why Work With Us?
Create your own destiny. GoPro enables you and trusts you to get your own job done, because we believe that autonomy in role brings out the best in our employees.
Live your best life. We’ve adopted remote and flexible work arrangements to support work at GoPro alongside our commitment to supporting employee wellbeing, belonging and connection with one another.
Work with leading edge technologies. We encourage employees to cultivate and use the latest and greatest technology, to provide the best solutions to serve our customers. We celebrate creative solutions that bring innovation to GoPro technology.
- Get your very own GoPro camera + gear
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance – premiums are 100% paid for employees, 90% paid for dependents
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Generous time off policy
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for new parents
- Pre-tax and Roth 401(k) options
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- LiveHealthy monthly wellness reimbursement
- Innovative remote-friendly wellness classes and events
- Flexible work arrangements
- Professional + personal development opportunities, i.e. LinkedIn Learning, technology trainings, certifications, Peer-to-Peer learning, conferences and more
- Opportunities to get involved in the causes that you care about (annual camera donation + volunteer events)
We strive for the day that no group can be described as underrepresented at GoPro – whether as part of our brand or in our workforce. We are committed to providing a more inclusive, representative, equal, just, and happy world. GoPro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The pay range for this role is between $148,235 – $251,275. Actual pay within the range is dependent on multiple factors, including your residence location and prior work experience. Equity, benefits, and a discretionary bonus may be additional forms of compensation for this role and are not included in the provided pay range.