GoPro requires that all onsite visitors and workers be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Vaccination is not required to perform this role, but you will not be permitted to visit GoPro’s office locations if you are unvaccinated. An exception to this rule may be made if you qualify for an approved accommodation.
GoPro is seeking a top-tier candidate for its Manager – Trade Compliance & Transportation position. The role offers deep global exposure in Import/Export trade compliance, FTZ operations, and trade compliance partner management. Reporting to the Director, Global Freight and Trade Compliance, the candidate will be responsible for ensuring GoPro meets its trade compliance obligations worldwide while minimizing risk in our global Logistics operations.
The candidate should have solid working knowledge in the critical areas of trade compliance, including tariff classification, country of origin determinations, and valuation principles, and is experienced in interacting with local and international customs administrations, legal counsel, customs brokers, and internal stakeholders. Experience working with FTZ operations and regulations is also a plus. This is a coordinating position that is expected to collaborate cross-functionally and establish effective and positive working relationships with Operations, Sales & Marketing, Finance, Legal, and Administrative & Workplace Services to ensure internal compliance with Import/Export regulations is properly followed and maintained. The candidate will also be supervising the activities of an Analyst who supports the Transportation and Trade Compliance functions.
What You Will Do
- Maintain GoPro’s parts dictionary of trade compliance designations inclusive of the US and foreign import tariff codes (World’s Customs Organization “WCO” Harmonized System “HS” codes) and US export control classifications numbers (ECCN).
- Support functional managers with product classification (i.e., Import HS; Export ECCN/Schedule B) for finished goods and components.
- Partner with trade compliance partners (i.e., customs brokers and trade attorneys) to resolve shipment delays, initiate corrective action, and develop procedures to prevent a recurrence.
- Assist internal functions with import/export guidance and preparation of trade documentation (i.e., commercial invoice, packing list, technical product information) for the international shipment of GoPro products and sourced commodities via carriers and freight forwarders.
- Support and supervise import and export trade management initiatives that focus on minimizing risk, improving efficiency, and reducing costs.
- Assist functional manager with investigating trade risk events to include exposure analysis, risk remediation, and development of mitigation controls.
- Examine, monitor, and communicate pertinent policy changes to US/foreign customs regulations and US export controls laws that may impact business operations.
- Manage the process to prepare and submit GoPro’s annual assists calculation on products imported for the EU and US markets.
- Evaluate import/export compliance requirements such as classification Schedule B, Export Classification Number (ECCN), PGAs, ADD/CVDs, and all other licensing required by local government authorities on products and components.
- Maintain GoPro’s record-keeping program as required by CBP.
- Execute and evaluate ad hoc ACE Reporting.
- Oversee activities automated clearing house (ACH) debit/refund program.
- Monitor and review tariff impacts for Sec 301.
- Manage the Duty Drawback program, reconciliation, post-importation programs such as PSCs and Protests.
- Maintain and make recommendations of FTZ procedures, as needed.
- Conduct audits of FTZ weekly entry estimates and weekly entry summary, and all other customs-related transactions.
- Implement potential duty cost savings, including but not limited to FTA, MTB, and Sec 301 product exclusions.
- Responsible for country of origin determination, marking, FTA, and other trade programs.
- Manage training of various aspects of trade compliance to relevant stakeholders.
Skills We’re Excited About
- 5-8 years’ experience in in Import/Export Global Trade Compliance, Customs Brokerage, and Freight forwarding (direct carrier or contract logistics operator).
- Extensive experience with trade compliance, including country of origin & tariff classification determination, Free Trade Zone (FTZ) operations, and Customs Assists reporting.
- Thorough knowledge of Imports, Exports, Customs Brokerage, WCO HS classification, and US ECCN product classification.
- Exceptional understanding of FTZ and all other Customs entry filing process.
- Familiarity with US trade laws for import (Customs Border Protection) and export (US Department of Commerce, US Bureau of Industry & Security and US Census Bureau).
- Knowledge of APAC, EMEA, and LATAM Import and Export Regulations.
- Prior experience in developing and/or supporting an effective Duty Drawback Program.
- Familiarity with Automated Customs (ACE) and AES Filing Requirements.
- Significant experience in Customs post-clearance audit and reporting.
- Extensive experience with Entry Reconciliation including Post Importation Programs such as PSCs and Protests.
- Working knowledge of core global transportation modes: Air, Ocean, Truck (less-than-truckload and full truckload), and Small Package. Experience with global freight forwarding is a plus.
- Ability to articulate findings, concepts, and ideas in a concise manner.
- Familiar with International Air Transportation Association (IATA) and International Maritime Organization (IMO) regulations for the transport of dangerous goods (DG) – emphasis on lithium-ion products.
Bonus Points For
- BA/MBA in Logistics/Supply Chain management or Data Analytics; equivalent experience may be substituted for degree requirements.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Highly effective interpersonal skills and organizational skills.
- Dangerous goods certification preferred.
- Licensed Custom Brokered designation or Certified Customs Specialist prefer
- Ability to travel approximately 10%-15% (US/international).
- Get your very own GoPro camera + gear
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance – premiums are 100% paid for employees, 80% paid for dependents
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Generous time off policy
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for new parents
- Pre-tax and Roth 401(k) options
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- LiveHealthy monthly wellness reimbursement
- Innovative remote-friendly wellness classes and events
- Flexible work arrangements
- Professional + personal development opportunities, i.e. LinkedIn Learning
- Opportunities to get involved in the causes that you care about (annual camera donation + volunteer events)
We strive for the day that no group can be described as underrepresented at GoPro – whether as part of our brand or in our workforce. We are committed to providing a more inclusive, representative, equal, just and happy world. GoPro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The ranges added below are for Colorado-based hires only and will be dependent on candidate experience. Pay ranges for candidates in other locations other than CO may differ. Pay range: $111,350 – $131,000.