MBA Product Marketing Associate Intern: Summer 2023
Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Bready to jumpstart your career?
The Toast Product Marketing team is responsible for connecting the Sales, Product, Customer Success, and Marketing teams by gathering market insights to inform product development and bringing new products to market through customer segmentation, value-based messaging, sales knowledge transfer, and cross-functional marketing activation. As a member of this high impact team, you will be on the ground floor in transforming the restaurant industry while gaining substantial senior leadership exposure and experience in launching products and building new business lines.
We are recruiting candidates for our Summer 2023 MBA Internship Program who will embed as team members across our Product Marketing organization to tackle go-to-market projects that are critical to Toast’s growth. As a Product Marketing MBA Intern, over 12 weeks you will own a defined portfolio of projects that will put you at the center of our go-to-market organization. Typical projects include leading the launch of a new product, generating customer and competitor insights, developing new product positioning and messaging, conducting research on our customer experience, and creating long-term strategic GTM plans. MBA Interns will attend the Marketing team summer offsite and other team events both in-person and virtual.
This is a fast-paced, demanding internship where you will be a full-fledged member of our team working to achieve results for Toast’s customers. The ideal candidate will be innovative, customer focused, possess strong analytical skills, and bring an energetic attitude and curious nature to their work.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Embed as a Product Marketing team member owning a focused portfolio of initiatives
- Drive a measurable impact on Toast’s growth through your initiatives
- Collaborate with teams across Product, Sales, Customer Success, and Marketing
- Develop new market and customer insights through qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Explore and learn about Product Marketing and Toast as a potential career path
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Passionate about developing a deep understanding of customer needs to inform product/program development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to combine complex content into a clear and cohesive story to gain both internal and external buy-in.
- Data-minded with strong analytical capabilities.
- Energetic and curious approach to work.
Special Sauce* (Nonessential Skills/Nice to Haves)
- Experience with sales and marketing and/or technology research and development
- Experience in B2B SaaS, Technology, Professional Services, or other ancillary industries.
- Experience with Salesforce, SQL, and/or Looker.
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].