Arrcus was founded to enrich human experiences by interconnecting people, machines, and data. The Arrcus team consists of world-class technologists who have an unparalleled record in shipping industry-leading networking products, complemented by industry thought leaders, operating executives, and Tier One VCs.
The Network Support Engineer will leverage strong technical skills and equally strong customer communication skills to troubleshoot and resolve customer problems while working collaboratively with the rest of the Customer Engineering team as well as Engineering as required.
- Troubleshoot complicated hardware and software issues, replicate customer environments and network problems in the lab
- Provide technical expertise and guidance during testing, deployment, and operational phases of networks
- Manage critical customer issues and facilitate communication between customers, escalation, and engineering
- Be a customer advocate for timely resolution of issues and for problem reproduction and escalation
- Document and reproduce customer-related networking problems, and if necessary coordinate fixes by the engineering department.
- Develop technical specialties and prepare technology white papers in these areas. Participate in cross-functional tasks such as new product development projects, support readiness teams, KB, and other documentation activities.
- Help improve processes and tools.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering (or similar)
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in similar roles supporting large IP networks
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills, applicable to large and complex network scenarios
- Excellent technical foundation with routing and switching technologies: TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, ISIS, MPLS (L2 & L3 VPN), VXLAN, EVPN, SRv6
- DevOps experience: scripting/coding experience in Python, Perl, Bash, and Ruby
- NetOps experience: Ansible, Vagrant
- Technology/product knowledge, experience, or certifications in the following areas are a plus: Security, Network Management, Linux
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer management and customer service skills
- Familiarity with traffic generators and network protocols analysis tools
- Familiarity with cloud networking concepts; Certifications are a plus.
- Networking Certifications (CCIE, JNCIE) are a plus
- 100% covered medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Parental leave
- 401k retirement plan
- Employee Assistance programs
- Health & wellness program and resources
- Weekly Catered lunches at our San Jose office.
- Monthly happy hours at our San Jose office.
Investors and Funding
Arrcus has raised over $75M in funding from top tier Venture Capital firms(VCs) such as Lightspeed Venture Partners, General Catalyst, and Clear Ventures as well as strategic investors such as Liberty Global, SoftBank Corp, and Samsung Next.
For more information, go to www.arrcus.com or follow @arrcusinc
At Arrcus, we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer – We realize the key to creating a company with a world-class culture and employee experience comes from who we hire and creating a workplace that celebrates everyone. A strong belief of culture addition will propel us forward, together.
With this, we consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, sex, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, HIV status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status or any other legally protected category. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, benefits, compensation and training.