Swift Navigation provides precise positioning solutions for automotive, autonomous vehicles, mobile, and mass-market applications. What began as the GNSS industry's first low-cost, high-accuracy, real-time kinematic (RTK) receiver has evolved into a Swift Navigation ecosystem of positioning solutions for autonomous applications. From GNSS corrections delivered from the cloud by the Skylarktm positioning service, an integrated software solution that is the Starling® positioning engine, to the centimeter-level accurate Piksi® Multi or ruggedized Duro® Inertial RTK receivers – Swift Navigation is enabling the future of autonomous vehicles to navigate the world. Learn more online at swiftnav.com, follow Swift on Twitter @Swiftnav
Swift is seeking a Network Operations Manager for North America who is excited to contribute technical aptitude, project management, business planning, and coordination/organizational skills to support the efficient growth of Swift's CORS network in North America. You will join a team working on installing and maintaining Swift Goldcrest field hardware worldwide. These CORS receive raw measurements from all GNSS satellites used by Swift Navigations state of the art Skylark SSR-RTK cloud correction service. This position reports to “Director of Geomatics/North American Network Ops”.
Candidates should have skills and experience with:
- Project Management – Familiar with Agile/Waterfall philosophies and has navigated construction projects. Possesses experience creating project plans and optimizing them on the fly to deal with unforeseen obstacles. A successful candidate will be data-driven and create meaningful monthly spending project milestones reports for quick iterations and decisions.
- Construction Experience – Has worked directly with field personnel and management of sub-consultants on schedules, project cost estimation, and planning in an organized and disciplined manner. Ideally, understands the stages of a GNSS RTK CORS installation and the various items affecting costs and deadlines.
- Process Development – ability to extract existing and create optimal processes for our team to achieve required ISO/ASIL certifications.
- Issue resolution – Keen knack for problem-solving cross-functional dependencies, resourcing, budgeting, personal conflicts, technical barriers, time restraints, and risk assessments.
- Business Plan Creation – Experience in compiling competing business plans for presentation to executive staff to facilitate action. Experience in managing budgets, tracking the plan through time, and monitoring estimated vs. actual costs.
- 3+ years of Technical Project Management experience
- Knowledge of construction project management, best practices, and OSHA safety requirements
- Demonstrated track record of successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment
- Experience in developing multiple business plans and presenting them to management
- 3+ years of managing RTK CORS stations/networks
- Ability to juggle and prioritize competing demands
- Able to work on cross-functional project teams
- Occasional travel (10%) – Passport required
Strong candidates will also possess skills in one or more of:
- Experience in building GIS maps to aid in the visualization of project metrics
- RTK Network Management experience with a focus on reliability and availability
- Asset database management experience – SiteTracker preferred
- Bilingual – French and Spanish initially beneficial
- Project management tools, Smartsheets, Jira, MS Office
- Flexible vacation, competitive salary, employer-covered health insurance, 401(k), flexible spending, HSA
- Tech talks, mentorship programs, and employee events
- Growth and learning opportunities from a tech environment include working closely with an international team of scientists, engineers, platform architects, programmers, executive staff, and professionals
Swift Navigation is a diverse and inclusive team. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability status, or other defining characteristics.