Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Bready* to make a change?
The Onboarding Consultant serves as the customer’s relationship manager & point of contact from the time that the account has been booked, through the onboarding phase of the customer journey. The Onboarding Consultant role is responsible for managing a book of business that will scale as we grow our presence within their assigned region (Ireland, United Kingdom). They are expected to collaborate closely with other Toast departments to achieve full product suite activation. You will be a founding member of a small & growing international team.
The Onboarding Consultant must be comfortable with ambiguity and work flexibly in a business with aggressive growth goals. Leveraging their Toast product knowledge and project management skills, the Onboarding Consultant will partner with restaurant owners in order to build out a onboarding plan that will produce a high quality implementation experience within timeline and budget constraints.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Internal best practices documentation and enablement (30%) – As Toast scales international presence, the Onboarding Consultant is responsible for documenting country-specific best practices and nuances. They will also be responsible for training and ramping up new international OC members.
- Project and Customer Management (50%) – The Onboarding Consultant is the primary point of contact for all customers post-booking by Sales and will manage several onboarding engagements simultaneously. The Onboarding Consultant is chartered with managing the relationship with the customer while creating & executing a detailed onboarding plan. Effective time management is an essential skill for all Onboarding Consultants as they are responsible for a large book of onboarding business in their region and the restaurant industry is significantly time constrained. The Onboarding Consultant is also responsible for managing all communication with the customer during the implementation phase. During this phase of the customer journey, the Onboarding Consultant works closely with the client in order to understand their unique business needs and to build out an onboarding plan that will allow them to manage their restaurant business efficiently and effectively. The Onboarding Consultant enables restaurant owners and staff to utilise Toast to create best practices for managing their daily restaurant operations – this includes management of labor and food costs, table turn time and guest relationships.
- Post Live Relationship Management (20%) – As the client is transitioned over into the post-onboarding phase of the customer journey, the Onboarding Consultant is expected to ensure this transition goes smoothly and therefore is available for remote Go-live support to assist and guide the customer during their first several days of usage by providing post-live remote guidance, troubleshoot problems or follow-up training.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 3 + years of experience in customer facing roles in technology industry required; restaurant experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Previous POS systems experience experience preferred
- Proven track record of success in delivering complex projects in the technology industry, managing a book of business and partnering with external clients to deliver on the promises committed to in the sales process
- Ability to manage ambiguity and operate independently
- Bright, self-starter with a growth mindset
- Bias for action; performance driven with the confidence to operate independently
- Excellent communication (written & verbal) and influencing skills
- Strong presentation skills required; training & development experience is a plus
- Strong values and high personal integrity
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.