Toast is driven by building the all-in-one restaurant platform that helps restaurants operate their business, increase sales, engage guests, and keep employees happy.
The Fintech Risk team at Toast is responsible for driving risk-informed growth for the rapidly expanding Toast Fintech line of business. We are seeking a Team Lead for the operational risk team. In this role, you will lead the execution of the operational risk strategy to improve the operational efficiency and effectiveness and ensure compliance with external regulations and internal policies/procedures. Understanding of operational risk management concepts and practices, critical thinking, and a process-centric and data-driven mindset is key to success in this role.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Lead the operational risk team; working with operational risk analysts, operational teams, and the leadership team to define, implement and maintain robust processes and operational risk management practices across the fintech businesses
- Lead the risk assessment and testing lifecycle
- Maintain effective communication with operational teams, compliance, and management on findings and implementing corrective actions
- Prepare and present operational risk summaries, including risk assessment reports, testing results, risk trending, and risk mitigation impact
- Inform management on the overall operational risk level, identified process deficiencies and improvement of the internal control structure
- Serve as the liaison with compliance and internal audit
- Implement industry best practices in process design, monitoring and reporting
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 3-5 years of experience in a process and data centric role, with at least 2 years of experience in operational risk management
- At least 1 year of people management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, in a quantitative major preferred
- Knowledge of operational risk management concepts and practices
- Comfortable working with SQL/Snowflake/Excel/G-Suite/data visualization tools
- Ability to navigate a cross-functional non-hierarchical environment to lead collaborations
Special Sauce* (Nice to Haves)
- Experience in consumer or small business lending
- R/Python knowledge
- Masters Degree or MBA
Our Spread* of Total Rewards:
- Flexible paid time off
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional development reimbursement program
- Commitment to employee wellbeing through resources such as a quarterly wellness stipend and mental health benefits
- Parental leave
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Core health and welfare benefits including medical, dental, & vision coverage
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Subsidized backup childcare
*We love a great bread/food pun
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].